Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Honestly who's shoes would you rather be in, ours or BMouths

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Can only say what we have been told by the chairman... We have been told that the possibility of moving elsewhere is very unlikely now, despite having looked at several possibilities, and that the club are now looking into expansion solutions of the current ground...

IMO, we cannot continue to progress as a club, without it...

surlyseagull ,( I think you'll find there very nature of being called 'tinpot' and 'belonging in the third tier' hints that 'some' folk on here feel BHA are a bigger (which I can't argue with) and better club...

At the end of the day... who gives a shit about all the window dressing... It's what happens on the pitch that counts...

Bit of a contradiction in term here wouldnt you say regarding your appraisal of our clubs ......and also like you so eloquently put it "who gives a sh*t its what happens on the pitch " well obviously you do coming on here whining .

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I know many on NSC are so precious so I'm going so don't worry :smile:

But I honestly wasn't lecturing just stating the facts (source; your accounts YE2013). Take a look at them sometime and please please someone ask Barber for a breakdown of the Administration & Operational costs. It's the most important question but no one seems to know the answer !!!!!

I dont think anyone will worry do you !! And clearly by your pleading remark you are very concerned and informed about our administration and costs which is very honourable and decent of you ,its nice to know there are people watching our backs,its only a shame we couldnt have done the same when your club nearly folded.But thank you anyway

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Can I just say. Good looking but nothing up top, Sums us up at the moment. Bournemouth have more cash than us as well as ( comment from several Bournemouth players interviewed last week) the best manager they have ever worked with.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Vegas, Just making the point that at some stage you have to jump on board... as did the Blooms... :)
That's very true. If his family are still here in 40 years' time you can bounce this thread and say "I told you so!" My money though is on him (or one of his descendants) bailing out long before then. That isn't me being nasty btw (I really do wish you all the best), but the existing experiences of foreigners investing in English clubs is that they move on to something else almost as quickly as some of them change wives.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can only say what we have been told by the chairman... We have been told that the possibility of moving elsewhere is very unlikely now, despite having looked at several possibilities, and that the club are now looking into expansion solutions of the current ground...

IMO, we cannot continue to progress as a club, without it...

surlyseagull , I think you'll find there very nature of being called 'tinpot' and 'belonging in the third tier' hints that 'some' folk on here feel BHA are a bigger (which I can't argue with) and better club...

At the end of the day... who gives a shit about all the window dressing... It's what happens on the pitch that counts...
Players come and go, infrastructure lasts forever.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I love the fact we have a great stadium. I think the training ground is fantastic. I have a very grudging respect for Barber and his approach to the finances.

I worry that unless we ensure a reasonable league position this year then the season ticket revenue will crash next season and we have an inevitable slide downwards.

What disappoints me so much is that we have watched several other clubs sail past us into the Premier League and the momentum we had in this direction going backwards now. Look at Southampton, Leicester even the dreaded Palace. Bournemouth doing really well. Remember that game against Wolves season before last? They went down, have come back up and looking good. Hate Allardyce the man but the season they got promoted they were probably the best team to play at the Amex. Still doing well in the PL now. It's a tough league and we have got no god given right to dominate it. All those other clubs that some have made sneering remarks at over the years.... some of them were with us in L1 and are now holding their own in PL.

They all prove it can be done and I hope that we can salvage things this season and do enough to put us back on track to join them.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Bit of a contradiction in term here wouldnt you say regarding your appraisal of our clubs ......and also like you so eloquently put it "who gives a sh*t its what happens on the pitch " well obviously you do coming on here whining .

Not sure what you mean by a contradiction in terms of my appraisal of our clubs...? and re me whining... Not whining mate... just joining in the debate... and putting across my thoughts...

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Like a good few Albion fans I've spent decades as a BHA fan, I am as happy as a pig in poo....because even when we don't pick up points, I remember Priestfields and Withdean and would we lose at the Amex or win at either of those I'd choose Amex everyday.
I'm not overjoyed that we've not been successful, but it's okay. That's why I consider I'm a true fan as opposed to the 'needy' that either have no club history or are just never satisfied. If I could be bothered to care I'd feel sorry for the whingers.....but of course I don't. I guess we are all different but if watching footy made me that miserable I'd surely take up knitting or support Chelskie.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
continually talking of the fact that because you have a sparkly stadium and incredible training facilities, you have this god given right to be better than us... and we're just tinpot... Laughable really when you look at the table...

Sorry my idea of whining must be different to yours ,so do excuse me .

surlyseagull , I think you'll find there very nature of being called 'tinpot' and 'belonging in the third tier' hints that 'some' folk on here feel BHA are a bigger (WHICH I CANT ARGUE WITH )AND BETTER CLUB ..

And re contradition in term the clues in your post .

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
We do have some stupid posts and this is one of them. Bournemouth have done well and good luck to them. What is the point comparing us to other teams ?, there are some many differences between most teams. I would say that we are doing very well off the pitch at the moment and we are proud of that and if someone told me we would be in the Championship in 2014, competing with 'big' clubs, with a 30k state of the art stadium and the best training center in the country, on that day in Hereford then I would say ''your mad'. Bournemouth and us go back a long way and its nice to see them doing well. I do not want to be in their shoes, like they don't want to be in ours if they are true fans. On that logic does that mean some on here want to be Barcelona ?, support your team and be happy with what you have, or go and support Chelski, as they are doing better than us, so are Palace, so are about 40 other clubs in the Prem and Championship on the pitch, but it is much more than that in my book.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Our position isn't great but we have the fantastic stadium, fantastic training ground, fantastic support at the moment

Wish people would stop quoting that. Few of us have even seen the fabled training ground, and few of the players seem to be thus far benefiting from it. Maybe they never will. After the latest international break, a number of the players who hadn't been playing in internationals just came back looking well knackered.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'd rather be second thanks. It's amazing how many Bournemouth FC financial experts we have here. Perhaps we should approach their board and save them from meltdown?

We get annoyed when people criticise our club/finances etc etc without real knowledge yet are happy to do the same? Bizarre!

They have a great manager, a team well built over time and reinvest when they sell players. There's a lot we could learn there.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
That is a separate issue and I don't disagree with you. If they have been shown to have breached FFP in due course then they should be punished accordingly (are we so sure that we are in the clear on this yet?).

The main thrust of my post was that our size counts for nothing and that we have no divine right to remain in this division.

Absolutely this.

The training ground, having only just opened, means nothing at the moment and will continue to mean nothing for a few years yet. It will pay dividends in the long term but how many graduates of Lancing are in the first team? None, because Lancing is brand NEW!

As for the stadium and season ticket numbers and such. Brighton has a population in the immediate area of roughly 1.5 times that of Bournemouth and lots has been said about our wide catchment area and lack of a second local club challenging for status. Of course we will have larger support and with it higher gate receipts, but this in no way gives the us the right to be higher in the division (or indeed in a higher division) then them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sometimes you're the fly and sometimes you're the windscreen. Following the Albion has always been a rollercoaster, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I hope the low doesn't get too low before the up starts again.
I wouldn't swap with anyone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The training ground, having only just opened, means nothing at the moment and will continue to mean nothing for a few years yet. It will pay dividends in the long term but how many graduates of Lancing are in the first team? None, because Lancing is brand NEW!

It may mean nothing in terms of immediately and magically producing first team players, but I'd say it must help in terms of selling the club to poential players.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I do think this is getting off topic slightly ...The ops post was would you swop with Bournemouth ie their position v our stadium etc .
I dont think anyone has said we have a divine right to be higher up than Bournemouth or any other club for that matter, that would be plain stupidity and open to abuse, just because we have a shiny stadium ,or that we are better ,because clearly not on the football pitch ,or we have more money than anyone else.
I doff my hat to Bournemouth for their position and would much prefer to see south coast clubs doing well as oppose to northern or London clubs ,and respect any supporter who goes week in week out to watch their team ,whether it be Bournemouth ,Bognor Regis or Palace and in my opinion there is no such thing as a tinpot club only a club who has loyal supporters which is far from tinpot .I have dealings with non league clubs, and regardless whether they have 1000 supporters or 5 they are all as passionate about their club as the big boys.
But lets make no mistake about it ,when we were going through our troubles we had amazing support from fans all over the country which has been well documented including Bournemouth just like we had many fans of clubs including Bournemouth laughing at our predicament and calling us tinpot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here