Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway no happy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're all missing the blindingly obvious. How many of these £6m players are looking to come to US?

It's like we didn't lose the war in the eyes of some of you. Well chaps, we did. Have some dignity and suck it up until they're back with us next season.

It's still funny if they make a complete hash of spending the money they won, and are an embarrassment to the Prem. That would be funny whether we were a Champs League team or in League Two.

You're all missing the blindingly obvious. How many of these £6m players are looking to come to US?

It's like we didn't lose the war in the eyes of some of you. Well chaps, we did. Have some dignity and suck it up until they're back with us next season.

not-listening.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's still funny if they make a complete hash of spending the money they won, and are an embarrassment to the Prem. That would be funny whether we were a Champs League team or in League Two.
Embarrassment to the Prem? They haven't even started the season yet. Lets wait and see before we laugh at them. Mind you, I'll happily join in if they're on FOUR points by the time Christmas is upon us. :cheers:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't get upset Mr COYP. Look at all those games coming up, look forward, onward and upward to better things. You don't want to go on Championship boards, mixing with the likes of us, we don't mind. Get on the Spurs board and start having a go, wind em up could be good fun.

No do get upset, and go and have a long lie down in your Caravan. A very long lie down...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I don't see the harm in passing comment on how badly Holloway's recruitment programme is going. We've got off to a sticky start but in all likelihood the worst case scenario this season is mid-table. Palace, on the other hand, were always going to be up against it but they're having a shocker in the transfer market.

The double-whammy for Holloway is that Steve Bruce and Hull City seem to be doing just fine. It tells you something when London-based players like Tom Huddlestone and Jake Livermore choose a move out of the capital to ugly Hull when Palace would seem to be a better fit in terms of convenience and geography.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With regard to us signing 6million pound players, well even if Tony wanted to, FFP rules make it impossible without accepting the transfer embago and fine - unless we sold a few million pounds worth of our squad.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I don't see the harm in passing comment on how badly Holloway's recruitment programme is going. We've got off to a sticky start but in all likelihood the worst case scenario this season is mid-table. Palace, on the other hand, were always going to be up against it but they're having a shocker in the transfer market.

The double-whammy for Holloway is that Steve Bruce and Hull City seem to be doing just fine. It tells you something when London-based players like Tom Huddlestone and Jake Livermore choose a move out of the capital to ugly Hull when Palace would seem to be a better fit in terms of convenience and geography.

Mid table in the champ or a season in the prem with the possibility of not being relegated and £90 odd million in the bank...parachute payments to follow if relegated. I am surprized at you Pavillionaire being a numbers man. I know where I would rather albion were this season...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

I completely agree.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Stop being a knob, Sim. Nobody is missing any point at all.

We are all well aware that Palace are in the higher league, thanks, but we will continue to laugh at their faililngs anyway, if that's okay with you?

How far are you going to take this stance? If Palace lose 8-0 to Chelsea, and people are enjoying it, are you going to step in and remind everyone that they are earning more money losing to Chelsea than we are from beating Doncaster?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Stop being a knob, Sim. Nobody is missing any point at all.

We are all well aware that Palace are in the higher league, thanks, but we will continue to laugh at their faililngs anyway, if that's okay with you?

How far are you going to take this stance? If Palace lose 8-0 to Chelsea, and people are enjoying it, are you going to step in and remind everyone that they are earning more money losing to Chelsea than we are from beating Doncaster?

I'll just be relieved we've finally won a game

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll just be relieved we've finally won a game

We all will, but how many games we win, will never have any bearing on whether or not I think Marounne Chamakh is a good use of £40k a week.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Wait, our rivalry is over? That's it? Has football finished too?

No, of course not. The war isn't over, so we can't have lost it. We may have lost the battle, but the war rages on.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Without getting in to the pisstaking or we are better than you argument, if BHA had got promoted, what sort of players do you think you would be attracting?

Without getting in to the pisstaking or we are better than you argument, if BHA had got promoted, what sort of players do you think you would be attracting?

Mercenary ones with no interest in any club other than what they are prepared to pay I should think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here