Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway no happy

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Embarrassment to the Prem? They haven't even started the season yet. Lets wait and see before we laugh at them. Mind you, I'll happily join in if they're on FOUR points by the time Christmas is upon us. :cheers:

That many points by Xmas ???

Just like the rest of the PL.

Exactly, as much as it pains me to say it, should we go up I would seriously consider jacking in my season ticket. I have always been anti the Premier League and the money paid to it and subsequently to the players by Sky.

If we got there everything would go up and if I was to be willing to buy into it, it would be like sitting in a traffic jam and moaning about the traffic.

So, by default, you must be disappointed every time we score as it's a small step towards promotion?

I'd never thought about it like that, but no. I want us to win every game and I want us to be promoted for the good of the club.

It's not like there won't be plenty of others willing to take my seat should we get there.

For me it's more a moral question of how much money Football Players earn and to be honest even average Championship players are taking home eyewatering amounts of money.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'd never thought about it like that, but no. I want us to win every game and I want us to be promoted for the good of the club.

It's not like there won't be plenty of others willing to take my seat should we get there.

For me it's more a moral question of how much money Football Players earn and to be honest even average Championship players are taking home eyewatering amounts of money.

That's a completely fair answer.

After writing my jokey question previously I realised that it's more I take issue with those who say "I don't want us to get promoted". That's more when I question why on earth they even bother watching and how they can enjoy us scoring.

Your answer is a personal choice and not hoping the club fails to achieve a goal. I hope if we do ever go up you will watch as it would seem a shame and ironic to lose fans through success.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's really weird - I have got exactly the same problem but at the back....Ward, Ramage, Gabbidon AND Delaney.........oh my...decisions decisions!

I assume you already have Paddy McCarthy in, and its choosing 3 from those 4 that is so tough?

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
That's really weird - I have got exactly the same problem but at the back....Ward, Ramage, Gabbidon AND Delaney.........oh my...decisions decisions!

They say go with what you know, so I guess pick the ones who kept successive clean sheets against you as we turned you over in the play offs.

Though clearly we won't face a team as weak again this coming season :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They say go with what you know, so I guess pick the ones who kept successive clean sheets against you as we turned you over in the play offs.

A team as weak as us, who were BETTER than you over the course of the season? Great logic.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

That's true. I also remember the only threat from your team being from some skinny chap who scored both the goals. I'll put him in my team. With him you might have a chance!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm afraid you weren't Mellotron - that's why we're in the Premiership and you aren't :cool:

No no, we WERE. Over 46 games. Yes you won the piffling playoffs, but we were the better team over the season whether you like it or not.

Banned
May 19, 2013
That's true. I also remember the only threat from your team being from some skinny chap who scored both the goals. I'll put him in my team. With him you might have a chance!

The same chap who had a massive thread on here with you all mocking the notion he'd be sold for even £4m? That one?

Guess we were right about that too eh? :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Without getting in to the pisstaking or we are better than you argument, if BHA had got promoted, what sort of players do you think you would be attracting?

With the greatest of respect, even Hull are proving to be a more attractive proposition than Palace (for example, as somebody has said, Huddlestone should have been right in your ballpark, especially as he was already London-based).

So I reckon we could compete with Hull, and Cardiff, and at an absolute push, the likes of Fulham. Though obviously being newly promoted is the big question mark for players, as until they know how you're going to fare, they'll be reluctant to join the bookies' favourites for relegation. Stay up first time round and it becomes easier to convince better players to join (like Swansea are finding). As it is currently, you're inevitably going to have make do with leftovers & wannabes.

Might work, might not :shrug:

(Hope it doesn't)

Banned
May 19, 2013
No no, we WERE. Over 46 games. Yes you won the piffling playoffs, but we were the better team over the season whether you like it or not.

Ah, the piffling play-offs. A mere afterthought!

If we're in the same division together again I'll happily finish below you after 46 games so long as we're above you after 49. If you prefer the reverse, well, I'm afraid there's no easy way to say this - but you're a idiot.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The same chap who had a massive thread on here with you all mocking the notion he'd be sold for even £4m? That one?

Guess we were right about that too eh? :)

Yeah.him. You should score a few if you keep him.

As long as you dont sell the promosing youngster and then spend half the fee on another youngster who's not as good, you should be ok.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A team as weak as us, who were BETTER than you over the course of the season? Great logic.

Incorrect !

We had the better record over 48 ( FORTY EIGHT ) games.

Palace just happened to win the last of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here