Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway no happy

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ah, the piffling play-offs. A mere afterthought!

If we're in the same division together again I'll happily finish below you after 46 games so long as we're above you after 49. If you prefer the reverse, well, I'm afraid there's no easy way to say this - but you're a idiot.

It's you're an idiot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah, the piffling play-offs. A mere afterthought!

If we're in the same division together again I'll happily finish below you after 46 games so long as we're above you after 49. If you prefer the reverse, well, I'm afraid there's no easy way to say this - but you're a idiot.

Obviously, the truth is, you're both right. You are clearly right that its better to have done what you've done. Goes without saying. However, Mello is actually right that over the 46 game league season, we were the better side. That's kind of how a league works.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Yeah.him. You should score a few if you keep him.

As long as you dont sell the promosing youngster and then spend half the fee on another youngster who's not as good, you should be ok.
Too good for us, but don't worry, we've got a track record of producing quality youngsters. Going to be fun seeing the new ones come through :)

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
More from Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway who has told BBC London 94.9 that Aston Villa striker Darren Bent is joining Fulham [see entry at 1023].

"Fulham could wait a lot longer than we could so we've tried to force it, they've stepped in, took our deal," said Holloway. "I was told last night he was coming to us. I was told this morning he was coming to us. It's life.

"There are bigger sharks than us. My chairman's going to have to get used to that."

I actually liked how he actually said that last quote. At least he is a little bit more down to earth than the loopy ******* he is!

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Obviously, the truth is, you're both right. You are clearly right that its better to have done what you've done. Goes without saying. However, Mello is actually right that over the 46 game league season, we were the better side. That's kind of how a league works.

That is how the league works. But the season doesn't end after 46 games. Those in 3 - 6 go into a playoff.

If Brighton thought the season was over no wonder we gave you such a spanking.

We went up. You didn't. Trying to be triumphalist over the notion that you were a place above us going into the playoffs has to be one of the most bizarre things I've seen. Does that really give you comfort in the face of us turning you over at the Amex and then getting promoted?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
"Fulham could wait a lot longer than we could so we've tried to force it, they've stepped in, took our deal,"

Sorry, but how is it HIS deal ? Bent didnt agree terms with Palace so Fulham rightfully stepped in with an offer which Bent agreed to. Nothng unfair at all.

Oh, and can we SERIOUSLY start banning these Palarse twunts from NSC, not the ones that can actually take part in a debate but the deluded ones who sound like broken records.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That is how the league works. But the season doesn't end after 46 games. Those in 3 - 6 go into a playoff.

You're literally going nowhere with your reply. In fact, you're agreeing with the post which you have quoted to disagree with.

Everyone acknowledges a league form is the best way of determining team quality. We beat you in the league standings. We are the better team.

The playoffs determine who go up. Zaha beat us over two legs. Therefore Zaha goes to the premier League.

It's very simple.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If Brighton thought the season was over no wonder we gave you such a spanking.

We went up. You didn't. Trying to be triumphalist over the notion that you were a place above us going into the playoffs has to be one of the most bizarre things I've seen. Does that really give you comfort in the face of us turning you over at the Amex and then getting promoted?

No. None at all.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He'll be worse if he reads today's Racing Post. The editor, a Palace fan, puts up his bets of the season, Palace to be bottom & Holloway 1st manager to go are tipped...fill yer boots

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He'll be worse if he reads today's Racing Post. The editor, a Palace fan, puts up his bets of the season, Palace to be bottom & Holloway 1st manager to go are tipped...fill yer boots

I have £5 on Mile Jedinak as 'worst disciplined player' at very healthy odds of (I think) 33/1. Kerr-ching.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I seriously doubt that the man with pointy elbows will get much in the way of game time this season.

Of course he will. He's the 'best midfielder' in the world. He'll miss a fair few suspended, I grant you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Be comical seeing how many red cards Jedinak gets ? Prem refs won't be as soft as the Championship ones and be even more comical seeing how Hollowhead reacts.

All it needs is for MotD to put the spotlight on his antics, early on, to bring all the refs' attention to it, and he'll be a marked man.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting point re Jedinak. Yes, he's a potential disciplinary nightmare waiting to happen for Palace- but then again he'll have to get close enough to opponents to foul them, and that may not happen a lot, especially when they come up against teams with high class midfielders (as opposed to Glenn Whelan or Lee Cattermole, say).

Jedinak v Cattermole could be an apocalyptic collision.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All it needs is for MotD to put the spotlight on his antics, early on, to bring all the refs' attention to it, and he'll be a marked man.

Or, more likely, Arsene Wenger :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting point re Jedinak. Yes, he's a potential disciplinary nightmare waiting to happen for Palace- but then again he'll have to get close enough to opponents to foul them, and that may not happen a lot, especially when they come up against teams with high class midfielders (as opposed to Glenn Whelan or Lee Cattermole, say).

Jedinak v Cattermole could be an apocalyptic collision.

He'll get close enough at every set piece. most of his elbow nonsense is centred around challenging for aerial balls. Sadly the Cattermole thing looks unlikley, as PDC has him training with the U-12s or something.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
No no, we WERE. Over 46 games. Yes you won the piffling playoffs, but we were the better team over the season whether you like it or not.

I'm sure that fact makes you feel all gooey inside.
I prefer the feeling of beating you when it mattered, and gain our rightful place above you ( again)
Some things stay in your memory until your dying day, and that victory ranks alongside the 4-3 semi win over Liverpool.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm sure that fact makes you feel all gooey inside.
I prefer the feeling of beating you when it mattered, and gain our rightful place above you ( again)
Some things stay in your memory until your dying day, and that victory ranks alongside the 4-3 semi win over Liverpool.

Your "rightful place" should have been starting in non league after your SECOND adimistration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here