Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough do we show support at the next match?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That's an example of a troll who can't even be bothered to try!

Why on Gods Green Earth would someone ever post that ? Its a strange World we live in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was there. I thought it was going to die. The whole North Stand from the back was surging forward to get on the pitch but only half a gate was open. The crush 10 yards back was incredible. I could not breathe. Certainly very shallow breaths as the pressure was too much. After nearly 10 minutes I started to feel weak and at that time the gates were opened and we got out but I had to climb over the fence. It took me 10 minutes on the pitch recovering to be able to stand up. I was a strong 25 year old then and it was very close to being a disaster.

Wow, I'd never heard about this. Can anybody who was there give the full story? [MENTION=1261]Northstander[/MENTION]? Football really has come a long way since those days.

As for marking it, I think if Sheffield Wednesday wanted to do something then we should support it in whatever way they wanted to. But I don't think it's for anyone but Liverpool to react to. Someone said early on in this thread that any silences or rememberances before the game should be for Robert Eaton and I hope there will be an articlr in the programme highlighting the incredible work done in the 11 years since REMF began.

On the subject of Hillsborough, I hope this news will bring peace to the families. Some of what was said about the victims and the survivors in the immediate aftermath was disgusting.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It was a desperately sad event made even worse by the lies and cover ups,but absolutely nothing to do with BHA,yes,it would be nice to show some solidarity with fellow fans but if we were to do it,surely it would be better to on the anniversary of Hillsborough rather than some random day in September,or at least wait until we are on telly to make us look good.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Usual story:

NSC mainly intelligent folk.

But to be representative, you need one thicko to post. He can't help being grime.

I suppose it is in the Frankie Boyle " free speech " therefore I will abuse disabled kids sort of comment. Still can't see the point though.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
i couldn't be arsed to toll through the countless replys but here is my take on the thread.

ignore it

The only people that give a shit about todays announcement are the justice for 96 campaigners,liverpool fc & those that may be implicated in the tragedy
why is it always liverpool.People forget that on that day there were 2 sets of fans.Only 1 set of fans had problems getting into the ground.The same set of fans that caused mayhem in brussels in 1985 which ended with EUFA banning english clubs playing in europe.

After the events of 15/4/1989 and the outpouring of grief that followed i was horrified to see on TV the pictures of liverpool fans
helping other liverpool fans climb the walls of wembley to get into the stadium without tickets.

BUT THEN I SUPPOSE IT DOSENT MATTER BECAUSE THEY CAN ALWAYS BLAME SOMEONE ELSE IF IT GOES WRONG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From the club...

"We look forward to welcoming you to the Amex tonight, when we expect the club's biggest home crowd for 30 years as we welcome Sheffield Wednesday.

The match has sold out, however there may be some availability via the club's new ticket exchange scheme, launched earlier this week.

In light of the publication of the Hillsborough report this week, together with our visitors Sheffield Wednesday, we will be observing a moment of reflection ahead of kick-off.

All the latest team news, travel details and any further match information will be available at Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures, on our official Facebook page and via the club's official twitter feed @OfficialBHAFC."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here