Hillsborough do we show support at the next match?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Being a community club would it be appropriate or inappropriate to show support to Liverpool fans when Sheffield Wed come to town on Fri. Given that the tragedy took place at their stadium and it will be on peoples minds and a degree of media attention?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Being a community club would it be appropriate or inappropriate to show support to Liverpool fans when Sheffield Wed come to town on Fri. Given that the tragedy took place at their stadium and it will be on peoples minds?

Seems a little random... I know a report has come out today, but it was a few years ago now.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Sheffield Wednesday fans weren't involved so I don't see why. Come Friday I'm sure the only thing that will be on everyones minds will be football

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Few years ago? Don't you mean 23 long Years. The families of the 96 have been waiting for this Moment since the disgusting verdict, of Accidental Death! How can it be random......

Seems a bit random for Brighton fans to be 'marking it' at a home match, 23 years later. Yes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would hope today's release draws a line under it to be honest. Not to say it should be forgotten, but Friday night is about a game of football.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sheffield Wednesday fans weren't involved so I don't see why. Come Friday I'm sure the only thing that will be on everyones minds will be football

Without meaning to sound harsh, I agree with this. I think it would be correct for Liverpool fans to mark it in some way at the weekend but not us. What is important now is that action gets taken as a result of this report and that individuals are held to account for their actions, that for me is what needed.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's up to Wednesday I think. If they feel they're not connected enough (as it was their ground but not their fans) we should let it lie. If they however want to make a statement with a mins silence I think we should welcome it, as football fans.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Without meaning to sound harsh, I agree with this. I think it would be correct for Liverpool fans to mark it in some way at the weekend but not us. What is important now is that action gets taken as a result of this report and that individuals are held to account for their actions, that for me is what needed.

You may well be right.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It's up to Wednesday I think. If they feel they're not connected enough (as it was their ground but not their fans) we should let it lie. If they however want to make a statement with a mins silence I think we should welcome it, as football fans.

Echo this as well.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

When we eventually find out today about what is actually in those Documents. Maybe a One Minute Silence has already been discussed with us and them, because if I'm pretty certain Sheffield Wednesday have one every single year, in April. But this seems the right time to do one on Friday, with the Information already handed out to the Press and the Families etc.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Perhaps we should boo Wednesday because their ground didn't have a safety certificate? ???

Seriously - there isn't much that we can do that would be appropriate in terms of time and place. My view would be to carry on as normal

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why get involved?

Why not? After all, there have been many Brighton fans on here always ready to blame Liverpool fans for what happened-maybe they'd like the opportunity to retract some of their comments?

I don't think we should get involved-it should be left to LFC and its supporters.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
not being callous, but it really has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone but Liverpool fans....unless anyone likes and gets some enjoyment from this mass collective grief hysteria that seems you have to be part of and display at almost anything these days, my view is Friday is a football match and that is the only thing I am going for....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports