Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello from Huddersfield - car parking ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Lewes Station car park gets full very early. Another option is park at Hassocks station to go via Brighton and then join the A23 through Hurstpierpoint.

But all your suggestions involve swapping trains, which could result in him missing the connection.
Looking at the weather forecast,pissing down, he might be better getting the park and ride to Mill Road because the P&R buses are directly behind the away end. And if they are 3-1 down, as he predicts, he can get in the queue for Mill Road early.
Getting the train will involve queueing and getting soaked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But all your suggestions involve swapping trains, which could result in him missing the connection.
Looking at the weather forecast,pissing down, he might be better getting the park and ride to Mill Road because the P&R buses are directly behind the away end. And if they are 3-1 down, as he predicts, he can get in the queue for Mill Road early.
Getting the train will involve queueing and getting soaked.

That is correct but the trains to Lewes in my experience are easier to get on than those to Brighton. However trhe route I wouldnt take is to drive from Lewes to Godstone up the A22 as that entails going through East Grinstead which can take any thing between 5 and 35 mins to get through you then have to go through the road works at Clacketts and then the Dartford Tunnel all likely to cause hold ups. One of my sons parks in Lewes near HMP and then drives home and is never in Crowborough before 6.30.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That is correct but the trains to Lewes in my experience are easier to get on than those to Brighton. However trhe route I wouldnt take is to drive from Lewes to Godstone up the A22 as that entails going through East Grinstead which can take any thing between 5 and 35 mins to get through you then have to go through the road works at Clacketts and then the Dartford Tunnel all likely to cause hold ups. One of my sons parks in Lewes near HMP and then drives home and is never in Crowborough before 6.30.

It is a bit easier to get a train to Lewes, but connections to Haywards Heath are only at 20 past and 50 past, and you're very unlikely to get to Lewes in time to run up and over the platform bridge to get on the 5-20.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Several options here, they are:

1) Park and ride at Mill Hill, I park around the corner of the final stop (residential area 5 brisk mins away), I usually get on the A27 30 minuets after the match
2) Park at a university bay (not sure on availability or cost)
3) park in Brighton and use the free travel to and from the ground (this will take longer than option 1 though)
4) contact the club and ask about away parking facilities.

You are staying somewhere on the Friday? Maybe you could just park there, and travel to the game via public transport (included in match ticket). If you leave the game early (80-85 mins) you'll get back to your car very quickly. As after the game it's usually a bum rush to get home. But many people (myself included) won't like leaving early.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If he wants to get away soonest - i.e. get on the A23 as quickly as possible, you park as close to it as possible. Lewes, Hassocks, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath are not next to the A23. It means parking at Mill Road. None of this faffing about with waiting in queues for trains and train connections. I can promise him that if he wants to get on the motorway soonest, don't piss about with the trains.

If you get the bus from Mill Road to the stadium, you'll find Sussex's largest real ale hostelry - the Amex.

dewsburyborn

Dec 17, 2013
If you get the bus from Mill Road to the stadium, you'll find Sussex's largest real ale hostelry - the Amex.

What ? they have real ale there ? seriously ? not just the usual stadium coloured water ?

Thanks for all the input, folks - really do appreciate it.

We're staying in Hove on Friday night; planning just a couple of beers then a curry - any suggestions for either of those ? no real problem them being in Brighton as plan a walk into Brighton to get rid of the motorway legs.

Oh, and have never, ever, left a game early....... not even the black day in 1987 when we had the 1-10 loss at Maine Road ! :)

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
All this absolute avalanche of mutually contradictory advice from NSC's finest results from the OP's original decision to get down here by car.

A good alternative to all of that (at least for any still uncommitted away fans) is to Go. By. Train.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What ? they have real ale there ? seriously ? not just the usual stadium coloured water ?

We're staying in Hove on Friday night; planning just a couple of beers then a curry - any suggestions for either of those ? no real problem them being in Brighton as plan a walk into Brighton to get rid of the motorway legs.

Oh, and have never, ever, left a game early....... not even the black day in 1987 when we had the 1-10 loss at Maine Road ! :)

Most away fans are quite surprised to see their local ale served. Nice touch.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Yes real ale, but you will be driving home so never mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here