Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello from Huddersfield - car parking ?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I have quite enjoyed the visits to the MacAlpine/John Smiths/Galpharm - although some of our results there have been a bit, ahem. It was a good game last season when CMS and Buckley were on great form.

Parking close by at a working mens club, cheap beer etc plus its interesting to see The Amex's older brother and how we refined the design. OK we did not mimic their double deck and steeper terracing behind the goals but at least our concourse for away fans is enclosed - and not in the open air. I hope they appreciate that given the forecast for Saturday!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't believe we are having a half-time kids penalty shoot-out against Gully. Last time I was at the Galpharm we saw one of the great half-time entertainments - where an Albion fan (dressed in leiderhosen, and having had a few) circled a mop (head on handle end) ten times at pace, then staggered to knock home a penalty.

In the words of the Jam - That's Entertainment.

It was hilarious as the Town fan before him had missed by a mile.

dewsburyborn

Dec 17, 2013
Just to wrap this up - a big big thanks to all who offered suggestions and for the general banter. :clap: Yours is one of the better boards around, though those Millwall boys are a bit ruder ...but my car still had 4 wheels after the game last season when they said it wouldn't. :dunce:

I ended up parking at Mill Road PR - we did stay after the game to acknowledge the players, so after a queue for the bus finally left the parking at dead on 6.00 and arrived back in Wakefield at 9.50 - so that was pretty good. Interesting thing was we passed the team bus on the M1 in Notts - so they must have been out the door pretty quick.

Beers on Friday night at Wick Inn in Hove then a walk down Church Road - and then Evening Star and Prince Albert in Brighton.

All in all, a really good trip - your stadium really is very very good, you made a lot of noise and it could have all been very different had Barnes put that one in at the start of the 2nd half . I think we about deserved a point, if only for coming and trying to play football. A decent game in atrocious conditions, I'd say.

The Piglet Pastry chicken and ham has to be probably the best pie I've ever had at a football game - in over 50 years.

:wave:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just to wrap this up - a big big thanks to all who offered suggestions and for the general banter. :clap: Yours is one of the better boards around, though those Millwall boys are a bit ruder ...but my car still had 4 wheels after the game last season when they said it wouldn't. :dunce:

I ended up parking at Mill Road PR - we did stay after the game to acknowledge the players, so after a queue for the bus finally left the parking at dead on 6.00 and arrived back in Wakefield at 9.50 - so that was pretty good. Interesting thing was we passed the team bus on the M1 in Notts - so they must have been out the door pretty quick.

Beers on Friday night at Wick Inn in Hove then a walk down Church Road - and then Evening Star and Prince Albert in Brighton.

All in all, a really good trip - your stadium really is very very good, you made a lot of noise and it could have all been very different had Barnes put that one in at the start of the 2nd half . I think we about deserved a point, if only for coming and trying to play football. A decent game in atrocious conditions, I'd say.

The Piglet Pastry chicken and ham has to be probably the best pie I've ever had at a football game - in over 50 years.

:thumbsup:
Glad you enjoyed the weekend, shame about the weather yesterday.
Nice to have some positive feedback.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

cheers

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Cheers. You can come again. :drink:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here