Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Head Count - Did you attend the 1983 FA Cup Semi Final v Sheff Wed?

Ohh yes.

Stood just to the left of the goal at the Clock End (anyone rembember the queues at the bar that ran all along the back) wonderful view of JC' screamer and a bloody awful view of Robbos winner.

Got the old Radio Brighton commentary on tape at home somewjere - must dig it out.

That was the day we went bottom of Division 1, never to get off it. BUTWHO GAVE A FLYING F**K. THE ALBION WERE AT WEMBLEY!!!

case3.jpg

:eek:

case4.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hate these 1983 threads. :angry:

I was 11 years old and Brighton mad at that time. Now I always think my mum and dad did a great job at bringing us up, especially as they got divorced and still made sure we spent a similar amount of time at each of their houses. But bloody hell, what would I have given for just oone of my parents to have a mere passing interest in the local football team? :angry: :shootself

To make matters worse, Hurstpierpoint had a powercut in the middle of the cup final meaning I missed those goals when live. The electricity company said the powercut was caused by too many people making a cup of tea at half time.

Yeah, like they couldn't see that demand coming... :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I was 9 years of age, my bloody sister went to Highbury with her boyfriend and neither of them liked football.
I was not allowed to go on the grounds I was too young!!!
I will never do that to my kids.
I ve been scarred for life.
It may be the one an only chance I had to see the albion in the semi and final.
I am glad I remember it though, and still to this day remember all the flags hanging out the windows across sussex.
Fantastic times - hope that one day we get to do it again.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
One of those great days. Missed Newcastle away (Brighton only had about 100 at that match) but managed all the other games in the cup run.

Mr Blobby

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wonderful day. The power of Case's shot and Moseley's flying save are etched on the brain. Superb.

tainan

Jul 5, 2003
Me, dad and brother in the Clock End with a big yellow flag we bought outside the ground. Still got the flag I think.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I was there - my girlfriend (now wife) passed out after 5 mins and thought it odd that I said wait in the car I'll be out about 5!

Jameson

I was there. Clock End. Only beaten by the game at Liverpool in round 5.

Does anyone remember someone called "Jez" who fell/was pushed over the rail at the back of the stand? Badly injured, I recall. :ohmy:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was there along with, would you believe, an armchair Manure fan.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clock End - great day out and a fantastic win.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Brilliant day. In the Clock End with dad and brother. No one's really mentioned Robinson's goal. As far as I remember he had his back to the goal and took an agonisingly long time (M.R. was strong but not swift) to turn and shoot. I don't really recall being outsung, but remember that it was sickeningly loud when they equalised, what with them having the North Bank roof. Oh and a lot of people with quite w@nky CASE signs; tractor company or something.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
ah yes, when i was a lad... remember that day very well. blinfing hot, crammed into the terrace at one end, dont recall any clock tho...! got covered in beer when JC scored that rocket, though didnt know it was him cos everyone was going mental, la la la la....!

sang me self crooked, and went to the main final too, glad we only drew cos a LOT of Man U fans looking pee'd off afterwards!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here