Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Head Count - Did you attend the 1983 FA Cup Semi Final v Sheff Wed?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Just fun to find out who was there?
I was...Clock End with my Dad. Afterwards on an underground train full of Wednesday. Had to look very sad!
The match was the best Albion experience ever though!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was in the Clock End.

Marvellous day! can still see Jimmy Case's free kick in the first half!

They had good singers. We had good players!:goal:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Yup. Stood at the bottom of the main stand across from the clock end. Hot day. Amazing free kick from Case. Marvelous scenes...

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Yeah I was there, can't believe it was twenty years ago though.

What a day that was!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I was there. Agreee, the atmosphere was fantastic and the Wednesday fans were brilliant.

Seagull Stew

I was there. Ten years old, and had only been an Albion supporter a few months. I just assumed it would be the first of many semi-finals that I would be to in my lifetime. :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hot day, full house, great atmosphere,close game and a cracking goal from Case ending in a Cup Final place. Doesn't get much better.

wally_gould

Aug 10, 2003
I was there with my brother. After we won and outside highbury I remember this old bloke bashing his walking stick on the ground repeatedly and shouting "60 fuc**** years i've waited for this".
It took us all days to get our heads around the fact the the Albion where actually in the FA Cup Final.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was there. I lived around the corner from Highbury at the time so it was particularly sweet for me.

Was there with my dad and some of my mates and was walking on air for days afterwards.

I don't keep all my Albion programmes but still have that one and the final one (of course).

syrup head

Jul 5, 2003
Worthing
Oh yes. I remember it well!

Grandstand seat. Right in line with the flight of Case's freekick. Knew it was in from the moment it left his boot.

Our win was down to Mose's save. Still can't believe he got to it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There in the Albion end, our vocal support was pathetic, remember Fozzie getting stroppy in the second half when Wednesday equalized and we went silent, waving his arms at the fans trying to get us to sing.

JC's goal was fantastic, it curled away from the keeper into the corner of the net, sheer talent and power

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Pasty was there. I was behind the goal that Jimmy's free kick went into. I actually ducked !

I was living in Lincolnshire at the time (RAF posting) and had to go back "home" on a train full of Wendy fans. Needless to say I kept pretty quiet. I had to do the same after the cup final replay as well - went back on a train full of ManUre supporters.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here