Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Head Count - Did you attend the 1983 FA Cup Semi Final v Sheff Wed?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
No, but went to both finals (and lucky enough to have been taken(only 10) to Newcastle Away in 79 as my first ever away game ) funnily enough I enjoyed myself .... as the commentary might have said 'Hooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrttttttooooooooonnnnnnnn, Brian Horton.......'

P.s. too little so I missed the bloody goals as well :-( Some big bugger in front of me (if that was you ( a 6'3' bearded Monster directly behind the goal at the front, you b'stard)))

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh yes, I was there! I saw every round of the Cup that year from 1st qualifying to the Final. Followed Worthing until they got knocked out by Oxford in Round Two and then followed the Albion from Round 3 onwards. The Sheff Wed semi-final day along with promotion at Newcastle are my two favourite Albion days.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Wasn’t there as it was a year before I was born.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
I was also in the clock end with my dad and i still have my ticket.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Does anyone remember Michael robinsons brown bent top hat in the after match celebs or is it all a weird dream?:flameboun

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
bhafcseagull said:
Does anyone remember Michael robinsons brown bent top hat in the after match celebs or is it all a weird dream?:flameboun

Yep he got it off a fan. He kept it for the final I believe!

Brilliant day. Nearly got crushed when Case scored that screamer of a goal and erveryone around me just surged forward.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
that's no excuse BrightonBird!:angry:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nope only 10 at the time, remember my dad coming in the door that night smashed out of his head with a big fat cigar in his mouth still celebrating though !

Marvellous scenes :lolol: :lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Definately the best Albion day out ever bar Newcastle.

I seem to remember going on my own, but bumping into old friends at every turn.

I seem to remember being fairly unimpressed that we had been given the Clock End before the game, but don't really care now!!

As someone else said, marvellous scenes!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :drink: :smokin:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep - I was 11 at the time. I think it was my first ever away game.

We were in one of the stands down the side of the pitch - my first view of the pitch and of Highbury took my breath away.

One of the best days of my life.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Yup, clock end right behind the goal when Jimmy scored his screamer.

Found a £1 note outside afterwards & treated myself & bruv to a hot dog each.

I was 14.

Marvellous scenes....................:clap2:

Mad Gerald

Jul 17, 2003
Yes, I was there. Clock End.

I was 12 at the time and found it difficult to see everything as I was packed into the centre of the terrace, half way up behind the goal. Incredibly, I didn't see Case's free-kick properly until I saw it on TV years later. In these days of videos and sky sports I'd have seen it 50 times in an hour!

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I was there with my Dad. gosh it only feels like 20 years ago now!!!!

Never seen a better sight than looking at the Clock End and seeing 12,000 Brighton all decked out in there Yellow shirts. Very reminiscent of the way the Dutch fans all wear Orange to matches. When the end were first announced I was a bit pissed off that we didn't get the North Bank, but when the see of Yellow greets you you just felt so humble.

Oh the glory days.

PS Anyone spoken to Watford O after their great march to the Conference!!!

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Yep I was there in the clock end - met up with some Sheff Weds fans after the match who said we didn't deserve it!!

Fantastic atmosphere - Jimmy Case's goal was superb as was Fozzies overhead kick goaline clearance

I was at the final and the f..king replay as well!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here