[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2023/24 edition)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Late afternoon I swopped my shorts for jeans. Tomorrow wifey and I are off out to buy a huge rug as removing the carpet in the lounge and laying wooden flooring maybe wasn't a good idea.
Meanwhile I've used the rugby as an excuse to go to bed early, the fact I'm on here proves I'm not too bothered about the egg bashers.
We’ve done the opposite this year. Open plan dining / lounge kitchen is now a separate lounge again and the wood floor in the living room now carpet much more cosy! Although we did have the heating on this morning until about 10am

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Still T-shirt and shorts, in fact just shorts right now. It is not cold!
Not finding it at all cold in the evenings inside or during the day. But with a 1 year old who wants to go downstairs at about 6am the heating goes on then for a few hours!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep went on tonight.

btw. Froze my nuts off playing golf this morning!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I don’t like the extra jumper argument. I want to sit in my shorts / trackies and t shirt with the heating on

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All those that need the heating on in this weather, your insulation is crap. Kingspan all the outside walls & loft if a house you won’t regret it.

I sorted much of that out years ago, plus plugging any air gaps eg between joists and thick Celotex within flat roofs. It does make a huge difference and far lower heating bills.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I sorted much of that out years ago, plus plugging any air gaps eg between joists and thick Celotex within flat roofs. It does make a huge difference and far lower heating bills.
Our bedroom is so warm we still have a fan on during the night. It has to be really cold to feel a need for the heating to be on now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
House still holding 20c with no heating since April

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
T shirt and shorts. Wife stating to make hints. She even borrowed my hoodie earlier (which I wasn’t wearing). Until she has on four jumpers the heating stays off!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
17.6 degrees here as I type.

Last night bottomed out at 18.1 degrees around 8am before the sun hit and started warming things up a bit.

The heating thermostat is set to 13 degrees which is essentially turning it off. It's going to be a chilly night, but I don't think it will get quite that low.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It's been cold enough to get the central heating flicking on and off from time to time this evening. Hasn't operated in the evenings for months and months.

Must remember to bleed the rads and top up the system pressure tomorrow.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bugger it's winter. Had a pint outside late afternoon walking back from Clapham Junction and started shivering.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
It hit zero °C here overnight, heating came on, the upstairs Hive was showing 14.3°C at the coldest point now on the rise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports