Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2023/24 edition)

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
💡
Tip, to those with log burners.
Wipe them down before lighting for the first time of the year. The dust on them absolutely stinks if left on.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Still got all windows and patio doors open, and was so hot last night that I had the fan on full blast.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Looking at the forecast here, we’re not due to drop below double digits (even at night) until Thursday after next at the earliest.

It’ll go on when it has to, but delighted to report that we don’t even look close atm.

In other (only possibly related) news, my partner hates me.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
This is just mental.

Not only have I got no desire to put the heating on yet, my windows are open in the evenings and we're approaching mid-October!

Great for bills, but a bit concerning this global warming business.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Might be a change of attitude due by some who live locally…..heavy rain forecast this friday…but more relevant night time temp due to dip as low as 4c this coming weekend 👀

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Might be a change of attitude due by some who live locally…..heavy rain forecast this friday…but more relevant night time temp due to dip as low as 4c this coming weekend 👀
Just as that Finnish pipeline has been, it seems, sabotaged and gas wholesale prices have soared.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last couple of nights my house has been hot, like summer

Come the weekend all change, Autumn will arrive

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Do you live in Scotland or something? We've not even shut the doors and windows yet.
Maybe a clue in the fact under his/her username it says Seagulls Over Canada?

But yeah, very warm still even overnight, although a bit of a change over the weekend - especially overnight - before warming up a bit again

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Last couple of nights my house has been hot, like summer

Come the weekend all change, Autumn will arrive
Yup. Nighttime temps will creep down to 4 degrees on Sunday in Brighton. However they’ll be back 12 degrees in two weeks. What have we done to the environment?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
24 degrees down here in Kent, today. The juxtaposition with the swift end of daylight at 6.30 was quite disorienting. Its like living in Portugal.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm finding it very annoying. I go out with the dog wearing a t-shirt & a very lightweight jacket as there's a 'slight' nip in the air & end up carrying the jacket after 10 minutes. The leaves on the ground are crunchy due to heat & there's no disgusting water for my dog to drink from tree root dips, let alone puddles. I was on the seafront on Sat eve, amazed by the fact that even at 10pm I didn't have to put on a jacket. I hope the rain isn't being saved up for the Ajax game. I was completely drenched after the AEK game but couldn't justify putting on the heating to dry my shoes out & now they bloody stink & I've had to chuck them away! 🤦‍♀️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here