Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2023/24 edition)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chilly morning here, with the Hive app saying it's currently 17.3 degrees indoors.

Looking back at gas usage suggests September 30th was the first time the radiators fired up last year.

It's getting close...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We can’t at the moment, even if we wanted to. Building work currently ongoing and the boiler isn’t working at the moment even for hot water. I can’t get to the boiler to sort it out because the builders have left a load of rubble on the drive and the boiler is in the garage.

The cats are also going to be hungry, as their food is stored in the garage and I’ve just used the last box that was in the house.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
My gas Aga is now on after being rested since May. The gentle heat output makes my kitchen toasty warm, is great for drying the washing and will delay the boiler firing up for heating for another few weeks.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
You're joking. It's positively balmy down here in Shoreham. Probably won't need it until Jan at the earliest. Although we do have triple glazing and full wall cavity insulation which makes a huge difference.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Historically the heating season does not start until October 1st and only then it’s advisory that could be pushed back to November

This summer we decided in an attempt to save some energy we would only use the cold tap for general hand washing as by the time the combination boiler had fired up we had all but finished anyway

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
21 degrees here. May have to open the Velux in a minute.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Try to not use it until November, but don’t think we’ve ever made it. It will come on at the point of the first colder snap in October.

Each year I hope that my body will just acclimatise to it being a bit cooler. It doesn’t. And my partner has been petitioning for the heating going on for a week already, giving me resentful stares and theatrical shivers. I’ve pointed out that the forecast is mild and she’s wearing sleeveless tops.

I know she owns jumpers, I’ve seen them…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not quite yet, but my feet are cold. 🥶

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here