Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2023/24 edition)

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Still shorts on, although have put socks on rather than bare feet.

Windows wide open, heating dial should remain on '0' until at least December.
This is also me, although I foresee impending resistance from the other householders. Normal default is to use the woodburner but that is fraught with moral and environmental uncertainties.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Littlest Orange was asking if we could have a fire last night, I said it wasn't cold enough for that.

The central heating has been turning itself on briefly for the last few mornings, so it must be getting cold at night now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Put the heating on? In September? Of course not! Are you mad? ???

frozen_man_wrapped_up.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It went on last night at 8pm for a couple of hours before bed. Was the intention.
The extra heat lulled me into sleep and I woke up at 2am in the armchair.
Central heating always puts me to sleep.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Far too early. I am pretty sure we were well into November last year but given that prices have dropped may consider relenting on Halloween if appropriate

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
A timely post. I wanted to hang out until mid october but i have to confess that today was the day that it went on.

We have a lot of washing to dry and it's too cold out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still shorts on, although have put socks on rather than bare feet.

Windows wide open, heating dial should remain on '0' until at least December.
I'm "shorts on" all year round at home.

I walk the dog pre-dawn on the coldest winter days in shorts. As long as my top half is well-wrapped, I don't seem to feel the cold through my legs.

But the house still felt a bit chilly for the first time this morning. We didn't have the heating on though!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Put a jumper on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I walk the dog pre-dawn on the coldest winter days in shorts. As long as my top half is well-wrapped, I don't seem to feel the cold through my legs.

But the house still felt a bit chilly for the first time this morning. We didn't have the heating on though!
Likewise (apart from walking the dog ..I don’t have one)….and it was chilly enough to close windows this morning
The issue looming in my household is getting the washing dry ..the other two occupants seem to generate mountains …I imagine the heated airer (off peak) will start to be used at the beginning of next month ..and then by the end it’ll be the heating on ..for an hour at the start of the day

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We can’t at the moment, even if we wanted to. Building work currently ongoing and the boiler isn’t working at the moment even for hot water. I can’t get to the boiler to sort it out because the builders have left a load of rubble on the drive and the boiler is in the garage.

The cats are also going to be hungry, as their food is stored in the garage and I’ve just used the last box that was in the house.
You really shouldn't eat the cats' food 😬

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Come on you bastards, stick it on.. Dulwich school fees, 3 holidays a year and the new Range Rover on order has to be paid for by someone.. 🔥

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

are you a postman? they’re ‘ard too

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For me temperatures inside and outdoors changed like a light switch at lunchtime Thursday. Meteorological summer imo became autumn. Following five months of always feeling warm to too hot, suddenly there was a chill to the air. Our summer duvet inadequate, I wore layers to the Amex, shorts packed away, I went on bike ride an hour ago … it was getting chilly. Looking to buy a heated gilet for Amex trips in the winter …. I think it was @dazzer6666 who recommended them?

With central heating we’ll try to hold out for a few weeks yet, the home is fine.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For me temperatures inside and outdoors changed like a light switch at lunchtime Thursday. Meteorological summer for me became autumn. Following five months of always feeling warm to too hot, suddenly there was a chill to the air. Our summer duvet inadequate, I wore layers to the Amex, shorts packed away, I went on bike ride an hour ago … it was getting chilly. Looking to buy a heated gilet for Amex trips in the winter …. I think it was @dazzer6666 who recommended them?

With central heating we’ll try to hold out for a few weeks yet, the home is fine.
Not me, but I do have heated gloves. Absolutely love them - I get really cold hands to the point of being painful and they’re excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here