Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2016 edition]

Yes, it's that time of year when households across the nation will do battle on just when is THE time to put the heating on again and "If you're cold, put a jumper on" will be shouted at moaning kids everywhere.

I don't know how to operate our heating - technology, eh? - but I gather it is set to kick in if the temperature drops below 16 degrees, which it did in the wee hours of Monday morning for a little while.

It definitely kicked in for longer last night, as I was lying in bed thinking "what is that bloody noise?" Turns out it was the heating or the pump or something that's involved in making the radiators wake from their Summer slumber.

I'm still in shorts of course, and yesterday was a glorious day to be out in the sun but, bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr, it's started to get a bit chilly over night now.

Are you ON or still OFF?

Not yet! just double up with two pairs of underpants till feb tbh! Then whack the heating on for a day in March while i wash and dry and spray my pants!:moo:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If it was down to me then i'd not put it on until December.

But its not and it was on already, yesterday morning.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
We haven't put the heating on in the commune yet. I have however seen my favourite autumn attire, a man wearing shorts, sandals ( no socks of course) and a heavy jumper.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not yet, too warm still

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
We have communal heating in our appartment block, things don't get turned on until the 23rd October, mind you it's not exactly cold here. All the cafes have still got their paverment tables out:)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Battle of the thermostat time of year.
Keeping the faith with last breath of the British sunshine during the day, but at night it's an extra jumper or the massive teddy bear blanket from Dunelm.
When the cat teeth start chattering I know it's time to put the heating on :whistle::wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I haven't, but I've been working away so I suspect someone else might have.......and so the annual battle begins.....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep, certainly do, the little 'un has a habit of kicking all his covers off regardless of temperature then waking up the house with his displeasure.

Ah fair point. I guess we might have the same problem with our 1 year old this winter, although she still has one of these at present, which is excellent:

2.5tog_elzzie_elephant_range.JPG

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Ah fair point. I guess we might have the same problem with our 1 year old this winter, although she still has one of these at present, which is excellent:

2.5tog_elzzie_elephant_range.JPG
Those sleeping bags were great for us when he was small enough to be in them (sadly a year or so too old now), barring the icicle hands in the morning of course!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not had the heating on yet, but soup is once more starting to look like an attractive meal option...

But you're Scottish I'm surprised you even bother with radiators and hot showers :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here