[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2016 edition]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I ran it last night for about half an hour just to make sure everything was ok. Also I built a fire in the wood burner ready for a cold evening. Looking forward to the wood burner .

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Nothing better getting into bed on a cold night with a hot water bottle with a nice duvet. Sleeping is much easier than the height of summer. No need of any artificial heating, even its 0 degrees outside.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nope. Not until the clocks go back. The mornings are the worst part of the day as I prefer being too hot than too cold.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No. I refuse on principle. I was out in the garden in shorts last week.

It was 3 degrees celsius when I drove home from work on Sunday morning at about 1am, and I was momentarily taken aback by the frost warning light in the car coming on. I'm still not doing the heating though, and our house is supposed to be terribly efficient with all that sort of thing.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I put it on in the car yesterday but that was to appease my girlfriend who was cold- apparently.

boik

Raspberry Pi, Solid state relays, home brewed software (written in Python). So far it's :
a. been in development for 2 years and not installed yet
b. cost far more than one you can buy in Maplins

On the upside though, errmmm.....

I've gone down a similar route using OpenHAB on a Pi. Savings for us come from the fact that we no longer have to decide when to switch to solar, it just does it automatically based on a series of rules I have written.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm cold now I've read this thread, FFS.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm in Cumbria - we've had a wood fire in the evenings for a while now..., and the heating has clicked in for a few days. Coal fire next week I suspect.

It's regularly 5 degrees cooler up here than Sussex.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Today ( thanks to this thread ) I booked a service for my boiler. Nothing better than waking up on a cold winters morning to a warm flat.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Had it on for an hour last night - also to see if it started as the pressure is low - but not since.

Boiler gets serviced on Friday

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Heating on? You bunch of wusses!
I'm still in shorts and hope to stay that way until the end of October at the earliest.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Don't forget, heating = warmth = imgarcade.com-comment_fiaqvCGfHW5p6Ni6XvqlomhtlYitrn1c.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports