[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2016 edition]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Not had the heating on yet, but soup is once more starting to look like an attractive meal option...

Made a leek, carrot, onion, potato and lentil soup yesterday and had a bowl with half a cheese-topped baguette just now or lunch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But you're Scottish I'm surprised you even bother with radiators and hot showers :smile:

Well we don't. Obviously. At this time of year in our house, the only concession we make to the chillier evenings is we all huddle round a single candle. And if we happen to get a particularly cold snap we light it.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
When I was a kid, we had a picture of a fire in the hearth.

Mind you, Dad wouldn't take the cover off until December.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not had the heating on yet, but soup is once more starting to look like an attractive meal option...

Yep, Heinz 'black label' :lol: did well out of the Stat's last year and a couple of tins have now appeared in the cupboard.

Heinz-COT-Soups-on-White.jpg

My heating is currently set at 14 degrees so it coming on is still a long way off.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Still in shorts. But as a kid in the 50's who played and tunnelled into 6 foot snow drifts, in short trousers. Woke up to thick ice on the inside of the Crittall windows in my bedroom, with just coal fires for heating the house, I tend not to fanny about trying to be the last person in the south to put the heating on.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Heating in our house will not go on until second week January when winter starts and then off end March when summer starts

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
No way, temperature dropping to12 c overnight is plenty warm enough. Still in shorts and will be most of the winter.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
" do you think it was cold last night" is the usual start of the annual conversation
"frack of a lot colder in a care home you old duffer" will be my response

tend to take things from there

Tell him to sleep in his lucky gloves!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports