Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Man United GONE ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I will laugh heartily if they dump Moyes this season - to go from the club that most admire re their loyalty to one manager, to just another hire 'em and fire 'em, instant success club really would be tin pot. But funny too.

Albion Rob

While obviously we're only six games in and of course they won't get relegated, I think not qualifying for next season's CL could be cataclysmic in terms of revenue but also perception. A season in the Europa League isn't going to attract the sort of players who are going to win you the Premier League.

I think Ferguson's sheer presence helped elevate a slightly above average team into title winners last time out. Also City, Chelsea and Arsenal all had pretty poor seasons. This year Liverpool and Spurs seem to be more in the hunt too so it could be a very open title race. I think in 24 years of watching football I've never seen a season where more than three teams went in to Easter with a genuine chance of the title - maybe this year there could be five or six. Finally an exciting PL season.

As for ManUre, well, they had a long time in the wilderness when Busby left the dugout but still cast a shadow from the boardroom. More of that please!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a very traumatic time to be a Utd fan and quite distressing that fans of other teams are laughing at them. It really isn't fair and more than a little embarrassing. Have some compassion please :wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sure I heard the Albion fans singing 'you're going down with the palace'

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I must say it is all very enjoyable, I don't suppose it will last though.

it will last, Liverpool were the team to beat in the 70`s manure have had success under elder flower nose,we will now see a new side take the helm could well be Arsenal .

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
This is a very traumatic time to be a Utd fan and quite distressing that fans of other teams are laughing at them. It really isn't fair and more than a little embarrassing. Have some compassion please :wink:

NO.:lolol:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think the Prem will be a lot more open this season, a bit like the Championship, in that teams will be nicking points off each other, rather than it being simply a procession. Chelse, City etc. have been dropping points they would have hoovered up before, which I reckon will make it more interesting. Arse look like they are well placed to take up any slack :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]384100041654140928[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...we will now see a new side take the helm could well be Arsenal .

.... Arse look like they are well placed to take up any slack :wink:

yes Arsenal are looking very strong. the midfield is great attacking, making up for lack of outright firewpower from the forwards. dodgy defense though, and soft in midfield - cant believe they passed up on Barry a second time. before the season, i thought it was Chelsea's to lose, looks like they are.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A long way to go yet but I agree this season could actually turn out to be quite exciting. Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs looking stronger, City, Utd and Chelsea have all changed their manager so there's a bit of a settling in period happening. I fully expect City and Chelsea to get stronger as the season goes on, Arsenal look to have their mojo back but the squad is light a few players. Utd could actually drop out of the top 4!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know it's probably not going to happen but wouldn't it be lovely to hear the Palace Man Utd return fixture this season being described as a " Relegation 6 pointer " :rotlf:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Man Utd might become the team Arsenal were with RVP, i.e. a one man team on whose shoulders their entire hopes of Champions League football rest. They bought the wrong Everton player, it should have been Baines.

This may be a blip, but the pressure on Moyes is huge.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
2icb2w0.jpg

:smile:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Said at the time the job was to big for Moyes, there is nothing in his cv that qualifies him for the Utd job. That said it was always going to be a hard act following Fergie and I do believe Fergie knew the squad wasn't that great and their margin of victory last season was more down to others under performance than Utd's quality.. Everyone say's Moyes will be given loads of time, I'm not so sure, Utd is a plc and shareholders will become a bit nervous if in another half a dozen games, they are still mid table. Not finishing in the top 4 is unthinkable, but I believe it's the most wide open the league has been for as long as I can remember and a top 4 position is by no means a given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here