Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Man United GONE ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This is what's fascinating about media and statistics. Last week, they were all banging on about how Moyes had the second best start for a MUFC manager. Fast forward a week, and it's MOYES OUT because its the worst start to a United season for 24 years or something...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As much as I like Moyes, I think it is brilliant to see them 'struggling', but I reckon it is only short term and normal service will resume. Brilliant to see Man Utd fans panicking.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I must say it is all very enjoyable, I don't suppose it will last though.

100803043_like_251839c.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As they say form is temporary class is permanent so they will be back as the team to beat before not to too many weeks.

Not so sure, major error by Moyes in leaving RvP on the bench til it was too late plus too many players not pulling their weight. Man U fans, at least some of the older ones, were saying that the players looked disorganized and embarrassed to be on the pitch. The magic has died,and their aura of invincibility is no more, teams are now realising that instead of hoping to pinch a draw against utd that if you take the game to them, they can crack. It's going to be a bad year for Man Utd !

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's been 6 games. I think perspective all round is needed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not so sure, major error by Moyes in leaving RvP on the bench til it was too late plus too many players not pulling their weight. Man U fans, at least some of the older ones, were saying that the players looked disorganized and embarrassed to be on the pitch. The magic has died,and their aura of invincibility is no more, teams are now realising that instead of hoping to pinch a draw against utd that if you take the game to them, they can crack. It's going to be a bad year for Man Utd !

We can all hope that is the case.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They'll finish top 2, along with either Arsenal or Chelsea.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Moyes is over-rated.

its not Moyes, but last seasons Man U that are over-rated. it was a decent team but held up by Van Persie and sheer presence of personality of Fergurson. this season Rooney has come back to form, but there's too many not playing. think Moyes is being too timid, his Everton team would not have played as baddly as that, he needs to be bolder and stamp his authority on the team.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Loved it when Gary opened MOTD bŷ saying, 'we've got the top 4 tonight, and Man Utd.'

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Can no one else see the similarity between Man U and BHAFC - new managers - similar quality of teams to last season - similar start to the season in terms of results - awful last game

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rio has GONE no legs, no idea

At fault for a lot of the goals

More importantly, the Aura has gone, it's like Liverpool had the sign " This is Anfield " in the tunnel and that used to psych out teams before they kicked a ball, Same thing for Man U, lots of teams lost before they went on the pitch. Now, instead of having a team meeting before playing Man u and talking of how they hope to contain Utd or keep the score down, now they will be talking about how the other teams have beat them and trying it themselves. Could be a tough year for 9 year olds,David Moyes and Chinese shirt sales.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
7/1 to win the title - unheard of!

But let's not make another crisis thread like the Arsenal one

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Van Persie's goals papered over the cracks that have been there for a couple of years. Third summer in a row that they've failed to sign a really top drawer central midfielder. Embarrassing their public pursuit of Fabregas. Fellaini's not that signing. Ageing defence, lightweight in midfield, quality forward line, but that won't be enough to retain their title. Some comfort that all the other contenders have been beaten already by 'lesser' sides. Could be a very open title race this year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bottom line is they didn't sign a World Class midfielder. Ozil should be there instead of Arsenal, they should be snuffling up the likes of Mata too. Fellaini is not top class, they only have Vidic, RVP and Rooney. The other 4 big sides have as many big players. Giggs and Scholes papered over the cracks.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Man U shirt for sale....who are the next managers for the chop....Nigel Cloughs gone....Freedman on the brink....Moyes in a creaky position....time will tell...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here