Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Poyet lost the players?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I agree with everything everybody has written on here,with a special mention for the loss of Kit Napier.If he was here now,and in his prime,he would be worth mountains of gold,as he knew where the opponents net was and seemed intent on scoring quadzillions of goals.

Truly a Legend.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well he's lost the midfield ... nowhere to be seen yesterday

party-smiley-004.gif

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He's gone FFS, give it a rest... you detractors keep whining about us real fans that talk about where we are now and where we were, yet you harp back yourselves. I so want a win so you lot f*** off to wherever you go when we're winning.

What he said.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I think he has lost his way with the team formation at the moment, or the players are not fully understanding it, either way it's not working. Bridcutt, crofts and Hammond together as a midfield 3 doesn't seem to work, I also think since we've been playing this way Bridcutt has gone off his game a bit.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
of course he hasn't. what a lot of nonsense. how can anyone think of sacking Gus?
i enjoy this forum generally for the chat and the laughs. But any suggestion that Gus will be sacked at a time like this is beyond ridiculous. Can you stop it and stick to giving us your marvellously intuitive opinions of how he will turn it round? Plan B anyone?

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
regardless of who we play on the day we seem to struggle to score a goal - i am getting pissed off hearing what a great team we have when we keep on giving so called lesser teams 3 points.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I must admit the thought had entered my head once or twice, and again if people are totally honest about it
it has probably entered most peoples minds for a split second or two at some juncture !

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He's certainly lost the defence - that's 9 goals in 13 games they've leaked this season already. Atrocious!

It would only take us to have a hiding of 4 or 5 goals and the "best defence" bit has gone then we are left as distinctly average.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
He will lose his job soon

Can't see no way back for Gus now. He's lost it. We was the perfect club for him to better himself but when he get's the chop from us then only clubs in the lower reaches would take their chance with him.

Makes me laugh when he bangs on about wanting to mange £100,000 aweek players, really? Can't even manage £4 - 10k awwek players mate. get real and wake up and smell the coffee. You aren't as good as you think you are.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
The defenders and midfielders no, as all they have to do is pass the ball to keep him happy but the attackers yes, they don't like his style of play (but obviously can't say so) or his low opinion of most of them and continual threat to bring in yet more attackers, which he unlikely to do as I really don't think there are many other strikers out there would want to play his style, despite the fact loads would love to play for a club like us, now we have a great ground and biggest support in the championship.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've seen nothing to suggest that he has "lost the players". That generally seems to happen when a managers position is unsteady, and players are starting to look beyond teh current manager. Gus is going nowhere, so any players who are starting to think they don't want to play for him will be out of this club long before Gus.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It would only take us to have a hiding of 4 or 5 goals and the "best defence" bit has gone then we are left as distinctly average.

The way some people react, it's as if that is happening week in, week out!

In answer to the original question, I would say no, it's a bad run of form, and it happens football, just like undefeated runs. In a month or two, he could be winning every game, and Manager of the Month Awards.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not sure about that, although managers have lost their jobs for less.

I couldn't think of anyone I'd want to replace Gus with?

Only Glen Hoddle

Do you know why Hoddle lost the dressing room at Swindon??? Because he was asking players, with a tenth of his own talent to do what he could. Then got frustrated when they couldn't do it. He might just have a lot in common with Poyet, which would be the reason he would be the worst possible replacement.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely not but the players have lost confidence, there can be no doubt that they are really trying though. Poyet needs to instil in the players respect rather than fear of the opposition and that starts with him being more positive in his team selection, expecially at home. We seem to be going out worrying about how the opposition will play and not actually taking the game by the scruff of the neck from the kick off. We were painfully slow to get going at Leicester and Blackpool, in fact we didn't really get going at Blackpool at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here