Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has jonesy gone too ?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Fine, I wouldn't expect (say) Thierry Henry to do fifteen cartwheels if he scored against Arsenal, but neither would I tell Jon Obika not to even think about high fiving his fellow players if he ever scored :)lolol:) against us.

I'll probably live to regret this, but on the evidence of this season I'm not too worried about that happening!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
He's a bit serious isn't he.....must be cacking himself as I imagine a new manager will bring in his own backroom staff if allowed. Mind you I assume he would get compo and I suppose there is a possibility that the new man may be forced to keep him as part of the deal

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Let me get this straight. People don't think Jones is a good coach because he did a celebration after scoring against us?

No. People don't think Jones is a good coach because he isn't a good coach.

He's a bit serious isn't he.....must be cacking himself as I imagine a new manager will bring in his own backroom staff if allowed. Mind you I assume he would get compo and I suppose there is a possibility that the new man may be forced to keep him as part of the deal

Yep, any impacted employees would have their contracts paid up, further increasing the loss for 2013/14 by how many £100k's?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No. People don't think Jones is a good coach because he isn't a good coach.

Came with a good CV from Charlton and Yeovil. Part of a good season. Experience developing kids. Always says something along the lines of "We are Brighton".
And yet people STILL can't get over something that happened 10+ years ago (and, in this case, have to make something up about not being a good coach to justify the pettiness)
We forgave Hammond something much worse last year but Jones is beyond that for some unknown reason.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
For a bloke who signed Obika three times on loan - twice at Yeovil and once at Charlton - you can't believe he'd do it again - but he did. The recruitment in the past year has been rotten - limited wages or no limited wages - and I hope they smash the current system to pieces and do it properly from now on. I know it is a forlorn hope...... better to have coach after coach leave than address the real problem.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Came with a good CV from Charlton and Yeovil. Part of a good season. Experience developing kids. Always says something along the lines of "We are Brighton".
And yet people STILL can't get over something that happened 10+ years ago (and, in this case, have to make something up about not being a good coach to justify the pettiness)
We forgave Hammond something much worse last year but Jones is beyond that for some unknown reason.

The only person making something up is you. Where in the post of mine you have quoted have I said anything about what happened 10+ years ago? I couldn't give a shit, personally.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The only person making something up is you. Where in the post of mine you have quoted have I said anything about what happened 10+ years ago? I couldn't give a shit, personally.

You haven't said it,which is the bizarre thing because it cannot be his coaching that you dislike.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

This - for my two pence worth, like the bloke any always will for his legendary skippy years when he won two titles for us. Great entertaining player and a proven coach. Loves BHA. In other words, 3 reasons for NSCs morons to hate him! Sure he couldn't give a shit, rightly so IMO

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The scary thing is that, according to a Barber quote on the BBC, Burke and Weasel are currently responsible for deciding the retained list! That'll help the new incumbant.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
NJ could well be the new man, he knows the club, the current players and his continuation would ensure that its business as usual during the close season. I reckon he's in the running.

Nathan Jones as Manager Calde as his no 2. Jones resigns at the end of next season and Calde becomes manager. Can see it now:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here