Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has jonesy gone too ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If you'd had had him giving it large 10 feet in front of your face, I'd be surprised if you didn't hold a grudge either. I wasn't happy when he was appointed, I have not been convinced by him since he has been back, and Insee this as a good time for him to go and a new manager come in with his own staff.
I don't have a particular problem with ex palace players etc. OK, we have a great rivalry but if Pulis was suddenly available I wouldn't say no!

So the answer to my first question was "Yes"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If you'd had had him giving it large 10 feet in front of your face, I'd be surprised if you didn't hold a grudge either.

Not me. I can't stand all that "non-celebration" goal celebration. If a player plays for us I want him to celebrate with us. If an ex-player celebrates - that is absolutely fair enough. Just take it on the chin.

I prefer a player to pay respect to those that are paying his wages.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not me. I can't stand all that "non-celebration" goal celebration. If a player plays for us I want him to celebrate with us. If an ex-player celebrates - that is absolutely fair enough. Just take it on the chin.

I prefer a player to pay respect to those that are paying his wages.

Quite. It's getting ridiculous now, with a goalscorer putting on a serious face & waving his ecstatic team mates away because he once played two games for his opponents on loan.

Fine, I wouldn't expect (say) Thierry Henry to do fifteen cartwheels if he scored against Arsenal, but neither would I tell Jon Obika not to even think about high fiving his fellow players if he ever scored :)lolol:) against us.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Jones is a ****ing weasel. Showed no class what so ever when he returned with Yeovil, when he was here he was a bit of a joke, that terrible stepover would always get a laugh.

Never looked like a leader on the pitch and doesn't strike me as one off it.

If he does stay it will be very frustrating.

Well said. :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
TB recruited him. He knows the Club and where we have come from. He is doing all his coaching badges. He was apparently liked at Charlton. I like his interviews. Looks like he is his own man.

What is there to dislike ?

He always looks and sounds like he is on his way to a funeral. Miserable looking little twerp.

semanim.gif

Attachments

• S.gif
    S.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 349

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The woman in Morrisons said exactly the same to me when I asked where the cumin seeds where.
This cannot keep happening.

At least she spoke English. The staff member in Asda Hollingbury who I spoke to, when asked where the Pharmacy was, replied "no no no, I clean, i clean"

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Worryingly, Jones was also the main instigator in us signing Jon Obika after having him at Yeovil & Charlton !!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Nathan Jones is currently actioning the retained list alongside David Burke.

Now that really is a scary thought!

Never was a fan of Jonesy. Used to run around like a headless chicken most of the time and I seem to remember him giving the ball away twice in the same game and us going 2 goals down as a result.

Met him at one of the end of season do's and he came across as really arrogant little git. So full of himself.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Let me get this straight. People don't think Jones is a good coach because he did a celebration after scoring against us? Quick somone tell Barber and Bloom in case they don't know the correlation between goal celebrations and coaching ability!

I don't think anyone has challenged his coaching ability other than question just how good it is. What several people have been saying is that he isn't the sort of person they want involved with the football club they support. It's an opinion - it's a chatroom!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here