Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has it really come to this?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree sometimes WW is over the top in his slating of the players, but surely EVERYONE can see were are actually shite. We are 20th in the league for a reason.

You are basing your quite wrong conclusion on the league table, which is clearly flawed. See, this is where you're going wrong.

Dean Wilkins may have got us 7th, but that doesn't mean anything, he still didn't have a clue what he was doing. Micky Adams has taken us to 20th, but that doesn't mean anything either. Because the table lies.

So what if it takes the achievements from every match, tallies them and compares them to the tallies of everyone else in the division and ranks them accordingly? It's clearly a faulty system...

I'd like to propose a new system of ranking teams. From now on we ignore things like goals scored v goals conceded, the winner of a match will be determined by how positive the fans feel after the game.

In the event of a tie, winners will be determined based on the success a manager reached with a team 5 years or more previously.

Then, at the end of the season, the table will be discarded, and relegation/promotion will be determined by the fans, who make those decision based on who they think "deserve" it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's not that bad.
There was a time when we were 0-4 down to darlington at half time, 91st in the football league and playing in the arse end of kent with no prospect of coming home, that was bad.

Co-incidently, my first match! :clap2::clap2:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Firstly, before some smartarse comes out with it, I do NOT want to have something to moan about. However:

Have things really got SO bad that people can be pleased with 4-2 home defeats against Peterborough because we 'looked threatening'? Have things really got SO bad that people can justify a 4-2 home defeat because 'Peterborough are a good side' ?

We're in a MESS, expectations were for promotion, not relegation. We had 4 proper efforts on goal last night, 2 of them went in. I can recall more than 4 Peterborough efforts in the second half alone! They battered us! The defence is a joke, the tactics are baffling, but people are apparently pleased because we're losing 4-2 rather than 2-1.

What a sorry state of affairs. :nono::nono:

'Expectations were for promotion' on the basis of a false and flattering final
position of 7th last term!

Look at just how better Peterborough were, that is the level we need to aspire to and I feel that Adams is now being given a better opportunity to build his team - Micky was right that the squad he inherited was not good enough, big enough or tough enough to get us out of this leage - hopefully we are slowly turning the corner!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
'Expectations were for promotion' on the basis of a false and flattering final
position of 7th last term!

Oh dear, that bs again? The table doesn't lie. Maybe some people want to ignore we were the last team to fail to make the play offs, maybe some people want to ignore that we were in play spots during the season, and despite these two facts want to suggest we were never in danger of making the play offs, fine, whatever. But we finished 7th because we were the 7th best team last season. We may have been significantly worse than the top 6, but we were better than the other 17 teams below us.

It was not false, not flattering, not papering over cracks. It was earned by winning and grinding out results.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I read earlier in this thread that we had 4 shots on goal and scored 2, that to me represents an improvement already on the chances of scoring from shots taken.
Anyway we all knew the 2 players which would cause problems in the opposition so why the hell were they not marked out of the game!
Our formation was shit and I think Micky was just going for impact as a few goals would please the crowd.
When he tries things like this it always has the opposite effect, maybe when he forms his plans for the game he should always elect plan B in preference.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..... a very good team, possibly the best we've seen at Withdean this season.

I've heard this about 4 or 5 times this season when we've been beaten. First time was Scunny.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When football is a results business, how much stock can we put in a good performance that doesn't get us any points?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It shows just how far we have fallen and show low are expectations with Adams are now that conceding 4 goals at home can be anything other than an unmitigated disaster.

How on earth is Adams going to ever get a team promoted with that sort of mindset and standards of performance ?.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It shows just how far we have fallen and show low are expectations with Adams are now that conceding 4 goals at home can be anything other than an unmitigated disaster.

How on earth is Adams going to ever get a team promoted with that sort of mindset and standards of performance ?.

Couldn't agree more.

Losing at HOME to PETERBOROUGH. Not Manchester United. Not even someone like Reading. Peterborough.

Not a cause for celebration.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton

Spot on US. This morning's Argus says MA has no regrets about the team selection on Tuesday and he would do the same again! FFS, we don't need entertaining in our position we just need a few points! The idea of leaving your back 4, and in particular your fullbacks, so exposed when playing a team with some of the best attacking players in the league is just daft. The bloke hasn't got a clue. Lets put a oad of forwards on the pitch and see what happens - Surprise, surprise, we concede 4 goals!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Firstly, before some smartarse comes out with it, I do NOT want to have something to moan about. However:

Have things really got SO bad that people can be pleased with 4-2 home defeats against Peterborough because we 'looked threatening'? Have things really got SO bad that people can justify a 4-2 home defeat because 'Peterborough are a good side' ?

We're in a MESS, expectations were for promotion, not relegation. We had 4 proper efforts on goal last night, 2 of them went in. I can recall more than 4 Peterborough efforts in the second half alone! They battered us! The defence is a joke, the tactics are baffling, but people are apparently pleased because we're losing 4-2 rather than 2-1.

What a sorry state of affairs. :nono::nono:

If you honestly think people are 'pleased' with a defeat, then your argument is not even worth bothering with. I think that what people are noticing is that a largely new squad did a fairly decent job, having played together for the first time, against a seriously good side. Of course people aren't 'pleased' with a defeat, thats f***ing ridiculous. And these stupid, vitriolic, provocative and hysterical posts you insist on sharing with us are getting incredibly tiresome, I must admit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you honestly think people are 'pleased' with a defeat, then your argument is not even worth bothering with. I think that what people are noticing is that a largely new squad did a fairly decent job, having played together for the first time, against a seriously good side. Of course people aren't 'pleased' with a defeat, thats f***ing ridiculous. And these stupid, vitriolic, provocative and hysterical posts you insist on sharing with us are getting incredibly tiresome, I must admit.

thats told him.....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Whilst WW has made some valid points his continuing negativity about all things Brighton and Hove Albion makes people not interested in his views.

Maybe if WW took some anger management courses he might restore some personal credibility.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I get more annoyed by the pro-Adams brigade who try and detract from anything anti-Adams by slagging off the person posting it.

I can fully appreciated WW being at the end of his tether with the current team and manager.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Where we still have a problem is central defence.

We now have enough quality and depth in midfield and strikers, providing Micky can decide on his best formation.

We have a good new LB. Whing is fine at RB. While he is injured ElAbd, Virgo or Hinsh can fill in there. Pref hot Virgo based on what I hear about his performance on Tue.

Prob time to bring Michel back into the starting line-up after Sullivan's less than impressive display on Tue.

CB pairing has to be Virgo and Elphick and they must be given a run of games together. Micky cannot keep switching things around and expect to get the best out of his players. Hinsh is not the player he was, is too short for a top flight CB and should be a back-up defender available on the bench. Hawkins is also fine as back-up. And we should bring back Lynch.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did not go to be fair but 4 goals conceded at home being spun as some sort of positive is ridiculious. Someone on here even put on the good things this season thread, the Peterborough home game. Are we now happy with losing at home yet again and letting in 4 goals ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here