Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has it really come to this?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Firstly, before some smartarse comes out with it, I do NOT want to have something to moan about. However:

Have things really got SO bad that people can be pleased with 4-2 home defeats against Peterborough because we 'looked threatening'? Have things really got SO bad that people can justify a 4-2 home defeat because 'Peterborough are a good side' ?

We're in a MESS, expectations were for promotion, not relegation. We had 4 proper efforts on goal last night, 2 of them went in. I can recall more than 4 Peterborough efforts in the second half alone! They battered us! The defence is a joke, the tactics are baffling, but people are apparently pleased because we're losing 4-2 rather than 2-1.

What a sorry state of affairs. :nono::nono:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
What's more sorry is that there's someone who is so single-minded that they fail to recognise anything about the game beyond "WE WERE SHIT" or "WE WAS WELL GOOD". Peterborough were a very good team, possibly the best we've seen at Withdean this season. No one's happy that we lost and conceded four goals, but if you can't see signs of improvement, or more likely just don't want to, then perhaps you ought to go and support Man U?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What's more sorry is that there's someone who is so single-minded that they fail to recognise anything about the game beyond "WE WERE SHIT" or "WE WAS WELL GOOD". Peterborough were a very good team, possibly the best we've seen at Withdean this season. No one's happy that we lost and conceded four goals, but if you can't see signs of improvement, or more likely just don't want to, then perhaps you ought to go and support Man U?

The squad has improved.

The tactics and defence haven't.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The worst thing about us losing, is that WW haunts the board starting ever more boring threads.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The squad has improved.

The tactics and defence haven't.

As I said last night, in the previous 9 games with Hinsh back we conceded 8 goals. In the 9 before his return we conceded 20. You might argue that Sullivan is the reason why, personally I think thats bollocks as for me Sullivan has made few saves that Kuipers wouldn't. Last night was poor, but clearly the defence is improving. As for attacking, we have a lot of new players that will take time to get used to each other.

It's a shame you seem to only remember one game at a time.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
As I said last night, in the previous 9 games with Hinsh back we conceded 8 goals. In the 9 before his return we conceded 20. You might argue that Sullivan is the reason why, personally I think thats bollocks as for me Sullivan has made few saves that Kuipers wouldn't. Last night was poor, but clearly the defence is improving. As for attacking, we have a lot of new players that will take time to get used to each other.

It's a shame you seem to only remember one game at a time.

Well I don't know which defence you're watching. Statistics might back up that argument, but the fact that teams are constantly tearing through our defence and creating chances, even if less are going in at the moment, suggests to me that there's no improvement. It's not that I have a thing against Hinshelwood, but I really don't think him and Elphick works.

Leicester aside (I didn't witness, but i can only assume there was a freak terrific defensive performance, as there was against Man City), we've kept two clean sheets since Hinshelwood came back - one against Swindon (dreadful), and one against Luton (League 2, shocking). We've also played Cheltenham, Colchester and Hereford, 3 of the other piss-poor sides in this league.

Not meaning to piss on your little statistic though.

Murray getting fit is the only thing that will save this season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The worst thing about us losing, is that WW haunts the board starting ever more boring threads.

Boring threads not exactly improved by tedious, dull responses like the one above.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the opposition have 2 speedy wingers we seem to struggle containing them , our defenders get skinned and midfielders dont track back quick enough to help out. Of the few games I've been to , we play a lot better passing to feet rather than a la Wimbledon.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Well I don't know which defence you're watching. Statistics might back up that argument, but the fact that teams are constantly tearing through our defence and creating chances, even if less are going in at the moment, suggests to me that there's no improvement. It's not that I have a thing against Hinshelwood, but I really don't think him and Elphick works.

Leicester aside (I didn't witness, but i can only assume there was a freak terrific defensive performance, as there was against Man City), we've kept two clean sheets since Hinshelwood came back - one against Swindon (dreadful), and one against Luton (League 2, shocking). We've also played Cheltenham, Colchester and Hereford, 3 of the other piss-poor sides in this league.

Not meaning to piss on your little statistic though.

Murray getting fit is the only thing that will save this season.

You haven't really pissed on my statistics, especially considering we didn't actually play Hereford, although it doesn't suprise me since it seems you pretty much make your mind up about things before they've happened.

"El-Abd - yeah, he's shit, he's gonna be SHOCKING today, it's gonna be an absolute SHOWER, oh shit we didn't have 30 shots on goal what a SHOWER, SHAMBLES, SHITPILE our team is etc."

You're right though, the defence is far from perfect, although I'm not sure where you got the idea that teams are 'tearing through our defence', you probably made it up anyway.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Firstly, before some smartarse comes out with it, I do NOT want to have something to moan about. However:

Have things really got SO bad that people can be pleased with 4-2 home defeats against Peterborough because we 'looked threatening'? Have things really got SO bad that people can justify a 4-2 home defeat because 'Peterborough are a good side' ?

We're in a MESS, expectations were for promotion, not relegation. We had 4 proper efforts on goal last night, 2 of them went in. I can recall more than 4 Peterborough efforts in the second half alone! They battered us! The defence is a joke, the tactics are baffling, but people are apparently pleased because we're losing 4-2 rather than 2-1.

What a sorry state of affairs. :nono::nono:

I agree, I personally think it's a disgrace that people think it's ok to ship 4 goals at home because"Peterborough are quite good" We should be good too, but we ain't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Without a WW thread NSC becomes a tad boring.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You haven't really pissed on my statistics, especially considering we didn't actually play Hereford, although it doesn't suprise me since it seems you pretty much make your mind up about things before they've happened.

"El-Abd - yeah, he's shit, he's gonna be SHOCKING today, it's gonna be an absolute SHOWER, oh shit we didn't have 30 shots on goal what a SHOWER, SHAMBLES, SHITPILE our team is etc."

You're right though, the defence is far from perfect, although I'm not sure where you got the idea that teams are 'tearing through our defence', you probably made it up anyway.

Apologies - should have read Hartlepool and not Hereford, mixing up my H's!

I got the idea of how poor our defence is by watching it FAR too much.

Anyway - i'm off to watch Shaun Wright-Phillips be SHOCKING tonight. It'll be dull, boring and a total SHAMBLES I expect.

:wave:

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
I agree, I personally think it's a disgrace that people think it's ok to ship 4 goals at home because"Peterborough are quite good" We should be good too, but we ain't.

Quite so - we were 7th last season - I wonder if Dean would have done better with all the money thrown at Micky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here