Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Google Ruined NSC?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Like I said utter drivel.

Indeed. I expect you'll get the hang of posting soon though. Points in this thread needed saying, why not give your opinion on it instead of me.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Indeed. I expect you'll get the hang of posting soon though. Points in this thread needed saying, why not give your opinion on it instead of me.
In my opinion, Bozza can do what he likes, it's his train set, none of us pay any money towards the site so without the revenue from google, it wouldn't be here.
So personally if Bozza needs to censor what people say, then so be it.
If people don't like it, they're free to start their own message board.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If people don't like it, they're free to start their own message board.

They have , where do you think all the anoraks that used to post on here have disappeared to ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm only back because I'm a virtual cripple these days with nothing else to do. I've started 3 threads on here lately they've all gone down well. Please don't be jealous.

It's the irritating one word replies and links to something discussed on another thread:
So what?
Why?
And?
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?209508-Is-NSC-being-sanitised&highlight=google

I assume youve been away... this was done last week (or was it the week before NSC melds into one...) when the shit hit the changing room (so to speak)... and it seems to have made no difference. And how many times in the last year has this happened. This is not the first time. At some stage you have to draw a line in the sand. This is not a democracy.... its Bozza's site.

As the mods always say, not everyone is online 24hrs a day or reading every single thread. Personally I'm keeping out of the conspiricy theory threads because I know full wel that whatever is written has a 99% chance of being total nonsence, it's essentially a wast of time because it's clear that nobody knows anything.

What I don't get, and I'm probably revealing my own ignorance here, is how some of the rubbish written in this particular context is going to get anyone in trouble.
Example: If I write something libellous about celebrity X who relies on their public image to make money then they will quite rightly be aggressive in protecting that public image. If I write something libellous about Barry McPlop who works for the club in the postroom, what is their motive to go through the process of a libel case and what are they going to get at the end of it. It all just smacks of someone flexing their muscles and bullying NSC.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Today was due to a very specific libellous statement made by a poster in relation to one of the current suspensions. I was on a family day out having lunch in a restaurant.

I could have spent an hour or two ignoring my family and trying to resolve things on my phone, hoping I had everything sorted or I could get on with enjoying my day, leaving NSC until I was in front of a computer better equipped to do what was required.

I'm not apologising for making the choice I did.

Neither should you apologise... or even consider it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
This is nothing to do with Google.

What "ruins" NSC is people who do not think before they post. You are not talking to your mates in the pub, you are publishing content that can hang around online for years and years.

NSC is an extremely popular site and as such will get noticed more than some blog someone writes that only their Mum reads. Some people just need to engage their brain before they post
:clap::clap:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Today was due to a very specific libellous statement made by a poster in relation to one of the current suspensions. I was on a family day out having lunch in a restaurant.

I could have spent an hour or two ignoring my family and trying to resolve things on my phone, hoping I had everything sorted or I could get on with enjoying my day, leaving NSC until I was in front of a computer better equipped to do what was required.

I'm not apologising for making the choice I did.

Quite. Hope you otherwise had a good day. Take it easy.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I agree with the action taken by Bozza but am sure that people dont deliberately post libellous posts and probably dont realize they are

Are there not enough and frequent posts to remind us of such things?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I agree with the action taken by Bozza but am sure that people dont deliberately post libellous posts and probably dont realize they are
Hmmmm, I'm not sure I agree with that - maybe not deliberately libellous but some seem keen sometimes to see how far they can push things (though I have to say not so much with the recent events apart from todays alleged remark which I don't think I saw).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's the irritating one word replies and links to something discussed on another thread:
So what?
Why?
And?
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?209508-Is-NSC-being-sanitised&highlight=google

As the mods always say, not everyone is online 24hrs a day or reading every single thread. Personally I'm keeping out of the conspiricy theory threads because I know full wel that whatever is written has a 99% chance of being total nonsence, it's essentially a wast of time because it's clear that nobody knows anything.

What I don't get, and I'm probably revealing my own ignorance here, is how some of the rubbish written in this particular context is going to get anyone in trouble.
Example: If I write something libellous about celebrity X who relies on their public image to make money then they will quite rightly be aggressive in protecting that public image. If I write something libellous about Barry McPlop who works for the club in the postroom, what is their motive to go through the process of a libel case and what are they going to get at the end of it. It all just smacks of someone flexing their muscles and bullying NSC.

Today someone wrote, as fact, a reason as to why one of the 'suspended 3' was suspended. The reason was completely incorrect and painted the suspendee (is that a word?) in a very bad light. The comment was picked up by that person's legal team and I was contacted about it. I was trying to enjoy a nice banoffee pie at the time - very frustrating all round.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Today someone wrote, as fact, a reason as to why one of the 'suspended 3' was suspended. The reason was completely incorrect and painted the suspendee (is that a word?) in a very bad light. The comment was picked up by that person's legal team and I was contacted about it. I was trying to enjoy a nice banoffee pie at the time - very frustrating all round.

Wow, so it really is more like example number 1 then. I'd kind of assumed it was one of the usual suspects in the operations staff with previous history of threatening NSC.

Thanks for sharing that.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So what?
Why?
And?

I think you have a point there and I am guessing that there are a fair few posters that do not understand libel laws and therefore put their foot in the dogs doodar without knowing it, of course there are those that do know what their doing but get high by the attention it brings.

Whatever the reason ultimately doesn't matter it's Bozza toy and he can take it home whenever he wants and he has my full support in always putting his life and family first.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow, so it really is more like example number 1 then. I'd kind of assumed it was one of the usual suspects in the operations staff with previous history of threatening NSC.

Thanks for sharing that.

I know. Just look at it...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369945237.263874.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That does look bloody LOVELY. Really good. I wouldn't bother with that little shot glass of cream either.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Blimey this site really is under the microscope. Seems like we have most of Britain's press, bookmakers and legal teams all over this board. Thanks for all your hard work fella

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Banoffee pie - at lunchtime?! On a weekday?!! The state of this nation in a nutshell. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here