Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Google Ruined NSC?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Today was due to a very specific libellous statement made by a poster in relation to one of the current suspensions. I was on a family day out having lunch in a restaurant.

I could have spent an hour or two ignoring my family and trying to resolve things on my phone, hoping I had everything sorted or I could get on with enjoying my day, leaving NSC until I was in front of a computer better equipped to do what was required.

I'm not apologising for making the choice I did.

And you bloody shouldnt either. Im really sick to the back teeth of some of the precious users of NSC. They should stop being keyboard warriors and get a dose of reality. This is for all intents and purposes Bozza's site which he runs for our benefit. He has total freedom to ban whoever he wants when he wants and I find it absolutely inexplicable that after repeated warnings there are still some idiots who feel its ok to abuse his good nature by writing whatever they feel on here.

If you ban people for life for potential libelous comments on NSC, Bozza, you will get my 100% support. And if it scares idiots away, you wont lose a thing.

Now lets shut up once and for all on this.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think we've all learned things from this. Perhaps Bozza should speak up more often. Some people just like to know how things run.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Fair play to @Bozza, ffs it's free to come on here & yet people are still not happy. Not much to ask is it?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
You ruin NSC more than Google ever could when you spend all day every day posting twattish remarks on every single thread.
Glad I'm not the only person that think so.
I've only been back a month.

You're a cretin, out of your 33,000 posts I'd guess two thirds of them are you posting "fixtures" or some other bollocks, you bring very little in the way of discussion, my motto is, if you don't have anything worth saying, don't say it.
This place was much better without your one line replies, are you sure you can't toddle off back to brightonfans.com ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I think we've all learned things from this. Perhaps Bozza should speak up more often. Some people just like to know how things run.

We do all speak up and act where necessary, but when it suits many decide to have a go have digs at us all, we all do what we do for the good of NSC and for no other reason.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And you bloody shouldnt either. Im really sick to the back teeth of some of the precious users of NSC. They should stop being keyboard warriors and get a dose of reality. This is for all intents and purposes Bozza's site which he runs for our benefit. He has total freedom to ban whoever he wants when he wants and I find it absolutely inexplicable that after repeated warnings there are still some idiots who feel its ok to abuse his good nature by writing whatever they feel on here.

If you ban people for life for potential libelous comments on NSC, Bozza, you will get my 100% support. And if it scares idiots away, you wont lose a thing.

This type of attitude is likely to be counter productive. It's much better if we can discuss the situation and get things out in the open, it might help people to better understand what is and isn't acceptable. Nobody is having a go at Bozza for the stance he's taking, essentially it's his name on the licence above the door so his gaff his rules.

Personally I think it would be helpful if a bit more information about the specifics of the threat was made public.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I agree with the action taken by Bozza but am sure that people dont deliberately post libellous posts and probably dont realize they are

Sorry BG I think you are being naive. Bozza made it absolutely clear last week what we could or could not say and you could see last night/this morning that it was spiralling out of control again. I really believe there needs to be a policy on this e.g. posters of potentially libelous threads are given a short ban the first time (all of us can leave with a few days off NSC), then longer second time and life the third time. That would certainly separate the innocent from the reckless and selfish.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Glad I'm not the only person that think so.

You're a cretin, out of your 33,000 posts I'd guess two thirds of them are you posting "fixtures" or some other bollocks, you bring very little in the way of discussion, my motto is, if you don't have anything worth saying, don't say it.
This place was much better without your one line replies, are you sure you can't toddle off back to brightonfans.com ?

I'm only back because I'm a virtual cripple these days with nothing else to do. I've started 3 threads on here lately they've all gone down well. Please don't be jealous.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I agree with the action taken by Bozza but am sure that people dont deliberately post libellous posts and probably dont realize they are

Many start threads with the whole reason to push the boundary's on subjects knowing full well it will lead to a binfest or the thread having to be removed, then someone will start a "Wheres "such and such" a thread and it all kicks off again.........many do it on purpose to cause problems......FACT!!!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Exactly, we are generally pretty free to post what ever we like and on most subjects. But whenever on the rare occasions Bozza has to draw the line because someone takes liberties, you get the usual suspects moaning "oooo it's like cold war Russia on here" "oooo I see the Stasi has moved in"
No, it's because someone's been a dick and posted shite.
Again, engage brain or you won't have a site to moan about being a totalitarian state.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've always tried to be as transparent as possible - I'm not sure I've ever seen another forum which is so open-booked.

You make a valid point though which ties up with one of my intended Summer projects - to come up with a few 'About NSC' pages which cover the history, financing and general raison D'être of this funny old place.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This type of attitude is likely to be counter productive. It's much better if we can discuss the situation and get things out in the open, it might help people to better understand what is and isn't acceptable. Nobody is having a go at Bozza for the stance he's taking, essentially it's his name on the licence above the door so his gaff his rules.

Personally I think it would be helpful if a bit more information about the specifics of the threat was made public.

Exactly what I said.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

I assume youve been away... this was done last week (or was it the week before NSC melds into one...) when the shit hit the changing room (so to speak)... and it seems to have made no difference. And how many times in the last year has this happened. This is not the first time. At some stage you have to draw a line in the sand. This is not a democracy.... its Bozza's site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here