Has Google Ruined NSC?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Im just trying to get a grasp of what is libellous. If I said I think the Bush government were behind the 9/11 attacks ( I don't think that by the way) is that less libellous than saying I think X took a cr@p in the palace caravan.

Is the problem that people are posting assumptions as facts (ie not saying the word 'allegedly' before their nugget of info)?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well this is all just ridiculous. I've been coming onto this site for several years now and we have to put up with this sort of thing?! How dare Bozza post pictures of banoffee pies and not set up some system to send us all (or just me) a slice of it? This place is becoming a joke...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey this site really is under the microscope. Seems like we have most of Britain's press, bookmakers and legal teams all over this board. Thanks for all your hard work fella

I think that it i more likely that somebody on here read something and contacted the person who had been suspended who in turn contacted his legal advisor rather than the site being constantly monitored.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not going to read the thread-but i might just "Google" it ,and by doing that i could end up with practically anything? so i just don't understand it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Im just trying to get a grasp of what is libellous. If I said I think the Bush government were behind the 9/11 attacks ( I don't think that by the way) is that less libellous than saying I think X took a cr@p in the palace caravan.

Is the problem that people are posting assumptions as facts (ie not saying the word 'allegedly' before their nugget of info)?
It usually just comes down to how good your lawyers are doesn't it? And whether you've got funds to take it a step further or can risk it. remember the Stephen Lawrence Daily Express "murderers" sue us if we're not right headline? Those guys could hardly have afforded to take action against a national newspaper.

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010

Start here
http://www.senseaboutscience.org/data/files/A_quick_guide_to_libel_laws_in_England_and_Wales.pdf

Lible law can get quite confusing, there are a number of defences, and at the end of the day it a court of law that will decide. But it can be expensive getting there, and even more expensive if you get it wrong.

Just cos someome's lawers are saying you are being libelous dose not mean you are - it has to be proven in court.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I might go buy a banoffee pie ice cream tomorrow. Every pie fleck scattered around that frozen pot of ecstasy is a treasure unearthed and causes a tongue-rolling mouth-turbation, before the next one is found and the sensual fiddle starts all over again. In fact, can we make tomorrow Banoffee Pie Day and as many of us as possible each purchase and brandish our unnibbled-upon delights on a special sticky thread? If anyone dares to locate a woman willing to lie naked underneath an about to be eaten pie and launches it upon our eyes, then i'll be wholly sure that'll be their life's last act, as what else could possibly outdo that moment (other than perhaps kidnapping Vicente and doing the same on his winter-fearing torso).

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd just like to state now that I have never liked banofee pie, and anybody who suggests otherwise will be hearing from my representatives, whosever they may be :)

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Today someone wrote, as fact, a reason as to why one of the 'suspended 3' was suspended. The reason was completely incorrect and painted the suspendee (is that a word?) in a very bad light. The comment was picked up by that person's legal team and I was contacted about it. I was trying to enjoy a nice banoffee pie at the time - very frustrating all round.

I don't suppose you got around to asking the suspendee's legal team why the suspendee was suspended did you? The suspense is killing me!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Today someone wrote, as fact, a reason as to why one of the 'suspended 3' was suspended. The reason was completely incorrect and painted the suspendee (is that a word?) in a very bad light. The comment was picked up by that person's legal team and I was contacted about it. I was trying to enjoy a nice banoffee pie at the time - very frustrating all round.

The fact that we are looking at a persons 'legal team' should also remind people the whole seriousness of the situation and makes you wonder how long it will take before its resolved

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Obviously a BANoffee pie would be a suitably fitting dessert for a mod.

In this instance, serving up a generous helping of 'Banandf*ckoffee' pie to the offending poster might go down well too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't suppose you got around to asking the suspendee's legal team why the suspendee was suspended did you? The suspense is killing me!

No. In this particular instance I believe it to be 2 charges. Which is less than the 8 (eight) levelled at A.N.Other.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I might go buy a banoffee pie ice cream tomorrow. Every pie fleck scattered around that frozen pot of ecstasy is a treasure unearthed and causes a tongue-rolling mouth-turbation, before the next one is found and the sensual fiddle starts all over again. In fact, can we make tomorrow Banoffee Pie Day and as many of us as possible each purchase and brandish our unnibbled-upon delights on a special sticky thread? If anyone dares to locate a woman willing to lie naked underneath an about to be eaten pie and launches it upon our eyes, then i'll be wholly sure that'll be their life's last act, as what else could possibly outdo that moment (other than perhaps kidnapping Vicente and doing the same on his winter-fearing torso).

fantastic, I am getting a banoffee pie tomorrow just because of this :thumbsup:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I think I was trying to back your stance up in protecting you and your family first and foremost but it seems I did not come across correctly.

To be fair you are always saying how you don't need the hassle etc etc, maybe it's time to hand over the reins to someone who has more time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports