Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Google Ruined NSC?

Start here
http://www.senseaboutscience.org/data/files/A_quick_guide_to_libel_laws_in_England_and_Wales.pdf

Lible law can get quite confusing, there are a number of defences, and at the end of the day it a court of law that will decide. But it can be expensive getting there, and even more expensive if you get it wrong.

Just cos someome's lawers are saying you are being libelous dose not mean you are - it has to be proven in court.
Nonsense. In this particular instance, it would have been obvious to the poster that the allegation was (a) damaging and (b) totally invented. Libel is libel. Getting the opinion of a court of law makes no difference.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair you are always saying how you don't need the hassle etc etc, maybe it's time to hand over the reins to someone who has more time?

No such person. Nobody else is going to be mental enough to put in half the hours he does, for zero personal gain, and have the patience, not to mention the technical skills required.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
NSC is an extremely popular site and as such will get noticed more than some blog someone writes that only their Mum reads. Some people just need to engage their brain before they post

An excellent suggestion with just one minor flaw.

A large percentage of people who post on here have no brain to engage.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can we just confirm, after lengthy debate then, that Google has not ruined NSC?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
This type of attitude is likely to be counter productive. It's much better if we can discuss the situation and get things out in the open, it might help people to better understand what is and isn't acceptable. Nobody is having a go at Bozza for the stance he's taking, essentially it's his name on the licence above the door so his gaff his rules.

Personally I think it would be helpful if a bit more information about the specifics of the threat was made public.

Don't be ridiculous. That's just asking for the libellous comment to be repeated. Not everything should be out in the open.

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
I cannot comment on the comment that was removed from NSC cos I dont know what is was.

My point was that its not unusal for people to use a letter of threat from a good lible lawer to have damaging comments in the media retracted when in fact one of the five establishised legal defenses can be used.
A claiment still needs to prove to court that they have been defamed to get damages.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I cannot comment on the comment that was removed from NSC cos I dont know what is was.

My point was that its not unusal for people to use a letter of threat from a good lible lawer to have damaging comments in the media retracted when in fact one of the five establishised legal defenses can be used.
A claiment still needs to prove to court that they have been defamed to get damages.

Don't think Bozza wants anything to get anywhere near court. You can't blame the fella for doing what he can to make sure he don't get involved with any of this stuff which is f*ck all to do with him.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't be ridiculous. That's just asking for the libellous comment to be repeated. Not everything should be out in the open.

To be fair, since I made that comment Bozza already hinted enough information for us to join the dots, but thanks for your contribution anyway and I look forward to more words of wisdom in the future.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a shame I can't call @dougdeep a c*nt without having to use an asterisk.

There's a reason for that. However you edit the letters to get round the filter, it still 'counts'. Its not acceptable and you will get infractions. Try to use your imagination and find something else to call him*

*or me, or whoever it is you are abusing at the given time.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I might go buy a banoffee pie ice cream tomorrow. Every pie fleck scattered around that frozen pot of ecstasy is a treasure unearthed and causes a tongue-rolling mouth-turbation, before the next one is found and the sensual fiddle starts all over again. In fact, can we make tomorrow Banoffee Pie Day and as many of us as possible each purchase and brandish our unnibbled-upon delights on a special sticky thread? If anyone dares to locate a woman willing to lie naked underneath an about to be eaten pie and launches it upon our eyes, then i'll be wholly sure that'll be their life's last act, as what else could possibly outdo that moment (other than perhaps kidnapping Vicente and doing the same on his winter-fearing torso).

Beautiful.

:bowdown:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's a shame I can't call @dougdeep a c*nt without having to use an asterisk.

There's a reason for that. However you edit the letters to get round the filter, it still 'counts'. Its not acceptable and you will get infractions. Try to use your imagination and find something else to call him*

*or me, or whoever it is you are abusing at the given time.

Or if your imagination is somewhat lacking, use this: http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/shake_rule.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here