Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
His QPR side spent more on players last season (and probably this one too) than Palace could dream of, yet looked like a bunch of utter incompetents all season.

Obviously none of that was Harry's fault, as nothing ever is.

Absolute shyster, yet always the media's best mate because he's great for a cheap, provocative quote whenever they want one.

And Harry spent big money in the January window, with little to no effect on an unfit defender and an alledged rapist.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I was surprised he wanted the England job. No transfer market? No financial transactions with dodgy agents? For whatever reason 'Arry seems to love get involved in such matters.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Harry now wants to be billed as 'the man the FA wouldn't dare appointment'. In other words, the modern day Brian Clough. A man who won League Championships and European Cups with an unfashionable team at the time(i.e not Liverpool).

I watched a You Tube interview recently featuring Sir David Frost and Clough. Brian Clough came across as an intelligent man. A little bit crazy but measured.

Jesus Christ, I think you are right as well. Hilarious. What a plum.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't forget that even when January came round he didn't even have the money to buy a single defender on £125k a week! Oh no, hang on he did, but anyway, it wasn't his fault that he was shite, and turned up unfit. He only had 4 months of him, and by the end of the season ... he still didn't look fit. Anyway, not 'Arrys fault, not at all, none of it.

It's his passion we all love, isn't it. They went down, but he was determined to be the one to get them back up. He said, "I'm the manager, this is on me, and I'm going to be the one to get us back up." Oh yeah, go 'Arry, a lesser man would have whinged and moaned all summer about needing a fortune to improve a squad that should have been good enough for mid-table Prem in the first place, threatening to walk if he didn't get it. Throwing their arms up at having to sell before they buy (yet again), but not 'Arry, he just rolled up his sleeves and got on with it.

How will he cope with three international Strikers at his club? HOW!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think even Harry wanted to be billed as Jesus Christ ..... Oh, hold on ....

"How am I supposed to feed them five thaasand, I've only got five fackin' loaves and three fackin' fishes. I'm daan to the bare bones 'ere, for sure, I'm gonna 'ave to try & get some more in somehow".

<feeds five thousand>

"It's a bleedin' miracle, did I mention we were down to five loaves an' three fishes? We were rock bottom when I arrived and now look at 'em. Triffic".

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How will he cope with three international Strikers at his club? HOW!

He'll do what he ALWAYS does, just roll up his sleeves and get on with it. Hard work, that's what gets you there, not phone calls to agents, and signing the same old players time after time. You won't see Nico Kranjcar crossing to Peter Crouch to knock it down for Jermaine Defoe, at QPR. Oh no, not with 'Arry. He is the PERFECT International Manager, because he takes what he's given, and works with them until he makes them the very best they can be.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"How am I sposed to feed them five ov 'em, I've only got five thaasand fackin' loaves and three thaasand fackin' fishes. I'm daan to the bare bones 'ere, for sure, I'm gonna 'ave to try & get some more in somehow".

<somehow everyone starves>

"wot woz I spos t'do? I dint ave eenuff. I needed more, told em I needed more, wat cud I do? Miracle they dint die quicker. Yeah, I ett alrite thanks. Triffic".

If I may be permitted a slight re-write.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If I may be permitted a slight re-write.

Be a bit awkward for him when it comes to the part where he drives the tax collectors out of the temple.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quick amendment: apparently it was the money changers and merchants he drove out of the temple.

I knew I should have listened more closely in RE.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
"How am I supposed to feed them five thaasand, I've only got five fackin' loaves and three fackin' fishes. I'm daan to the bare bones 'ere, for sure, I'm gonna 'ave to try & get some more in somehow".

<feeds five thousand>

"It's a bleedin' miracle, did I mention we were down to five loaves an' three fishes? We were rock bottom when I arrived and now look at 'em. Triffic".

:lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It does appear from a quick Google search that Jesus sat down to eat with the tax collectors.

That would seem somewhat unlikely in Harry's case.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Harry took over after 12 games - thats 26 games to save QPR

all Hughes fault.
26 games with a squad that was primarily built by Hughes in his disastrous time at QPR. He had a field day in 2 transfer windows, built his own team, managed 6 wins in 31, none away from home and 24 points out of 93 ... but apparently it's not down to him.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Money must have been the only driver for Arry for the England job, who would want it? Overrated players, players that aren't committed and the constant tussle with all the foreign controllers and manager of the Premier$hite....Now he's bitter, not good at all Arry...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I can't think of many English managers I'd want LESS than Redknapp. Horrible person and a massively overrated manager.
Absolutely right...the man in my opinion couldn't manage a team if he was limited in cash...which somehow he always has wads of it about himself...allegedly...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Harry..."My tough love made Gareth Bale"....alright 'Arry,we get it! you are superman(ager)...I'm sure Gareth was quite capable on his own to make the top grade...'Arry you really are delusional...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here