Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Dec 29, 2011
4,000 posts, assuming an average of 3 minutes to make each post, is equivalent to one person working full time for five weeks. Imagine what could have been achieved in that time. You could get pretty far learning a language, or maybe read 10 books. Or even volunteer for a charity shop full time for 5 weeks. But no, let's keep shouting into a black hole hoping other people will somehow suddenly decide to completely change their mind and agree with your point of view.

Crack on lads.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
4,000 posts, assuming an average of 3 minutes to make each post, is equivalent to one person working full time for five weeks. Imagine what could have been achieved in that time. You could get pretty far learning a language, or maybe read 10 books. Or even volunteer for a charity shop full time for 5 weeks. But no, let's keep shouting into a black hole hoping other people will somehow suddenly decide to completely change their mind and agree with your point of view.

Crack on lads.
Perhaps you should take that view to the Ukraine, Trump, Starmar and Brexit threads too?

The first post in 6 days to the thread - literally 8 lines of text - followed immediately by two trolling posts and given a thumbs up by another regular troll on this thread.

This isn’t a football match between 2 sides so - Stop trolling this thread please. Some of us have family and friends directly involved.

Edit - interesting post on Reddit

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Perhaps you should take that view to the Ukraine and Brexit threads too?

This isn’t a football match between 2 sides so - Stop trolling this thread please.
Of course I take that view with most the threads on here, and even the idiots arguing on Reddit, Facebook and Twitter. Just popping in this thread and seeing the huge huge posts you've spent a long time creating really drilled home the utterly pointless waste of time it all.

Also, it's not trolling. Pointing out it's a waste of time isn't really trolling is it.

Reactions: cjd

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Of course I take that view with most the threads on here, and even the idiots arguing on Reddit, Facebook and Twitter. Just popping in this thread and seeing the huge huge posts you've spent a long time creating really drilled home the utterly pointless waste of time it all.

Also, it's not trolling. Pointing out it's a waste of time isn't really trolling is it.

Inshallah.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016

To you perhaps. I follow the Ukraine thread, which keeps me updated on what's going on. It's not a waste of time to me or others posting on there. Reading a pointless comment from you is a waste of my time.
How about deleting your account rather than 'wasting your time'?
I won't reply further, I've wasted enough time replying already.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Perhaps you should take that view to the Ukraine, Trump, Starmar and Brexit threads too?

The first post in 6 days to the thread - literally 8 lines of text - followed immediately by two trolling posts and given a thumbs up by another regular troll on this thread.

This isn’t a football match between 2 sides so - Stop trolling this thread please. Some of us have family and friends directly involved.

Edit - interesting post on Reddit

Classic faux pas... quoting a post from a suspended Reddit account.... interesting choice buddy.... anti Semite maybe?..... likely given the banner flag and title.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Back on topic - One final more significant update tonight

Reuters is reporting an explosive drone has hit a gasfield in Northern Iraq

Today, Friday, the ICJ makes a ruling on whether to agree to an interim injunction against Israel’s war in Gaza pending decision in Africa’s genocide claim (which will take months) and rule for an immediate ceasefire. Even Israel admits with the number of civilian casualties, defending against the ruling would be difficult and has all but said it will simply ignore it.

The court will issue its ruling at 1pm (12pm UK time) in a hearing expected to last about an hour.

Last edited:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City

Today, Friday, the ICJ makes a ruling on whether to agree to an interim injunction against Israel’s war in Gaza pending Africa’s genocide claim. Even Israel admits with the number of civilian casualties, defending against the ruling would be difficult and has all but said it will simply ignore it:

Not only can you type 250 words a minute, you can read 250 words a minute….

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Today, Friday, the ICJ makes a ruling on whether to agree to an interim injunction against Israel’s war in Gaza pending decision in Africa’s genocide claim (which will take months) and rule for an immediate ceasefire. Even Israel admits with the number of civilian casualties, defending against the ruling would be difficult and has all but said it will simply ignore it.

The court will issue its ruling at 1pm (12pm UK time) in a hearing expected to last about an hour.

I chuckle at the hypocrisy of SA seemingly setting itself up as an international paragon of virtue..... this, the ANC, a government of thieving gangsters who have, and still are, presiding over circa 100 murders a day amongst its own population, ... sex crimes almost at numbers where the authorities can't track it..... with only 14% of these crimes ever solved.... incompetence and indifference to the loss of human life.... now bringing a populist case against Israel..... laughable.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well good to see Israel is taking today’s ICJ ruling well…

IMG_0528.jpeg

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I chuckle at the hypocrisy of SA seemingly setting itself up as an international paragon of virtue..... this, the ANC, a government of thieving gangsters who have, and still are, presiding over circa 100 murders a day amongst its own population, ... sex crimes almost at numbers where the authorities can't track it..... with only 14% of these crimes ever solved.... incompetence and indifference to the loss of human life.... now bringing a populist case against Israel..... laughable.
Well, exactly. ANC leadership formally met with those of Hamas recently & Iranian funding is also involved.
Quelle surprise

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Well, exactly. ANC leadership formally met with those of Hamas recently & Iranian funding is also involved.
Quelle surprise
The ANC is also wholly in the pocket of both Putin and the Chinese,.... militarily and economically..... both those nations love to stir the pot when it comes to Israel and the broader middle east turmoil.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wonder if, knowing how brutal Israel’s response would be, whether Hamas would do the same thing again with the attacks and hostage taking knowing this would be the outcome.

I’m not making a point either way, just got me wondering. Hamas will have expected retaliation, but this? Essentially genocide? I doubt it entered their wildest dreams.

Probably best if they’d stayed home that day in hindsight.

Reactions: cjd

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
SA’s application to the ICJ maybe argued as ‘hypocrisy’ by some but it doesn’t change the fact that the UN and ICJ remain very concerned about the humanitarian crisis in Gaza. There is hypocrisy on all sides in this conflict, especially being expressed at UN Security Council level - there are extreme ideologies and Pontius Piolates on every side who are turning a blind eye to some of the worst treatment of civilians in any conflict in recent memory; Netanyahu’s government continuing to refuse to recognise the rights of Palestinians to self determination and tearing up the Nuclear Deal with Iran while themselves blaming Hamas for not wanting to negotiate a peace settlement; not least Western democracies condemnation (rightly) of Russia’s war crimes in Ukraine while complicit in, or slow to condemn Israel’s war crimes of collective punishment and tactical starvation against Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank; The Gulf States’s refusal to condemn Hamas’s attack on Israel as a war crime and Russia’s constant earlier vetoing of ceasefire resolutions at the UN because they didn’t rule out a ground assault by Israel, claiming that ‘thousands of Palestinian children will continue to die ; It’s all hypocrisy.

However, International law is clear: The ‘commission of a war crime to one party in a conflict does not justify the commission of war crimes by the other in response.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Indeed.

Of one think I'm certain. Taking sides now is fifth form debating society wankpuffinry at best, and simply encourages the other 'side' at worst.

Good to see Labour suspending an MP for vainglorious gobbing off (presumably to appeal to her perceived 'core' vote - and endangering her chance of re-election in the process, if Labour ever let her stand again)..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here