Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No it isn't. There is some off shore gas near Gaza but no oil.

This is true - However, the Occupied West Bank does have one of the largest oil fields in Israel running under it which is currently being extracted by Israel. Both the Palestinian off-shore gas reserves of Gaza and the oil in the Palestinian territory of the West Bank are being controlled by Israel with none of the revenue being given to the Palestinians- contrary to the Oslo Accords (which committed both parties to shared cooperation and development for both)

Every conflict in the Middle East is ultimately about oil or gas and Gaza is rich in both.

This article supports your assertion

Also I have been saying for 25 years that water is another natural resource that lies at the heart of ME boundary conflicts and as it becomes more scarce due to CC, the risk of major conflicts arising over water increases and will eventually take over conflicts over fossil fuels…

’…(S)pecifically, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict can be attributed, to some extent, to disputes over the scarce and valuable water resources of the Jordan River basin and its aquifers.”

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You get a grip.

FFS.

Helen Whately MP (Faversham & Mid Kent)

DOES nothing on the Israeli slaughter of civilians. Peter Kyle, my MP, follows Keir Starmer and stays quite on the mass killing of civilians.
Jess Phillips spoke out and stood down
, as did many other Labour politicians.
Love Jess.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Helen Whately MP (Faversham & Mid Kent)

DOES nothing on the Israeli slaughter of civilians. Peter Kyle, my MP, follows Keir Starmer and stays quite on the mass killing of civilians.
Jess Phillips spoke out and stood down
, as did many other Labour politicians.
Love Jess.
I don't love Jess.

Who do you think will save the Palestinians for you? Jeremy Corbyn, perhaps?

How do you advise I arrange my voting intentions to maximise my support for the Palestinian people?

Or would you be prepared to accept there is f*** all a UK MP can do about it?

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I don't love Jess.

How do you advise I arrange my voting intentions to maximise my support for the Palestinian people?

Of would you be prepared to accept there is f*** all a UK MP can do about it?
You mean to say performative posturing on social media won't bring instant peace in Israel & Gaza? 😲

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
UN no longer an organisation that can protect people anywhere in Gaza?

- there are signs that genocidal policies of removing Palestinians from Gaza with little hope of having land fit to return to is underway

“Since the beginning of the war, Israel has forcibly moved more than 1.8 million Gazans from their homes, especially from the northern parts of the Gaza Strip. This is the largest forced displacement of Palestinians since 1948.

More than 270 people sheltering in UNRWA facilities have since been killed, and nearly 1,000 injured. Most of these shelters were located in the middle and southern areas of the Gaza Strip, which were thought to be safer. The sad reality is that Gazans are not safe anywhere: not at home, not in a hospital, not under the U.N. flag, not in the north, middle or south.”

” …the developments we are witnessing point to attempts to move Palestinians into Egypt, regardless of whether they stay there or are resettled elsewhere.    “

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Control of routes to deliver oil / other supplies is often a factor. Good example is is the war in Yemen where due to its geographic location, control of the ports are crucial for maritime trade. The humanitarian situation in Yemen is horrific but has drifted out of the news.
Whilst the internal conflicts in Yeman has been largely sidelined in Western MSM, the Houthis in Yemen haven’t. Since Israel started it’s campaign in Gaza, Iran-backed Houthis rebel Jihadist forces have been firing ballistic missiles from Yemen towards Israel over the Red Sea in support of Palestinians. Several ships have been hit (including a British owned vessel), the latest a Norwegian tanker last night. The US has had a build up of military presence in the Red Sea and has downed Houthis missile attacks and drones. Several Houthis drones have fallen short and hit Egyptian sites in October another hit a school in Eliat in Southern Israel. The threats to international maritime interests in the Red Sea has been escalating in recent days and the US is very much engaged in naval, defensive activities in support of Israel’s Southern borders..

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I don't love Jess.

Or would you be prepared to accept there is f*** all a UK MP can do about it?
A frightening, depressing shallow riposte to my thoughts on 18,000 Civilian deaths (race and nationality left out for your benefit).

Time for you to be defenestrated from your NSC Ivory Tower. FFS you went to the Railway well before us Corbynista are paying £6.80 for a pint of Harvey's.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A frightening, depressing shallow riposte to my thoughts on 18,000 Civilian deaths (race and nationality left out for your benefit).

Time for you to be defenestrated from your NSC Ivory Tower. FFS you went to the Railway well before us Corbynista are paying £6.80 for a pint of Harvey's.
:shrug:

I don't have an ivory tower. Why are you getting personal? I have no idea about your NSC persona. Try picking a fight with a 'This team right or wrong' merchant. I'm not one of them. I think Israel should stop. But without the US demanding it, this won't happen.

I was listening to an American (actually with a Brit accent but whatever) who has just resigned from the US administration because in his view the US position to support Israel in the hope they will do the right thing is now palpably false. That's something to note. Perhaps America will soon decide this is the wrong approach (Israel ight or wrong and hope for the best).

Not yet though. Sleepy Joe and Trump are seemingly Israel right or wrong. I don't like that.

In the meantime, feel free to piss on the foot of my Ivory tower while you come to terms with your fragile ego.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

US and UK still in the 'Israel right or wrong' camp, then. I would imagine, with Sunk following suit, but in a cowardly abstain mode.

At this point....what, though ?

Edit, 'Sunk' was a typo, and yet it fits.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Spineless Sunak certainly didn't vote on my behalf and I'd hazard a guess not on the majority of the UK's behalf either.
Considering all the previously bloodthirsty and war hungry nations that voted in favour of the ceasefire, our vote looks, once again, puppet master led.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Interesting results - alliances of countries with strong public support for right-wing popularism either abstaining or voting ‘no‘ (including Argentina, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Hungary, US, Bulgaria etc) or strong political alliance with the US like UK, Panama and Palua (military and strategic political alliance with US).

Reactions: A1X

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well we voted for a ceasefire, the US abstained and shortly after there was one

If I was Labour I'd call for one now, enough is enough
I think they have.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
OK, so we are just waiting for Starmer to call a ceasefire and all the killing will stop.

I hadn't realized it was so simple.

Finger out, Starmer!
no need to depend on Starmer, the UN has called for a ceasefire, should be all settled now. if Israel dont agree, well, UN will be jolly cross and probably vote for sanctions that will be inconvenient, then if that doesnt work send in the UN peacekeepers.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
no need to depend on Starmer, the UN has called for a ceasefire, should be all settled now. if Israel dont agree, well, UN will be jolly cross and probably vote for sanctions that will be inconvenient, then if that doesnt work send in the UN peacekeepers.
You had me in the first half…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here