Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
no need to depend on Starmer, the UN has called for a ceasefire, should be all settled now. if Israel dont agree, well, UN will be jolly cross and probably vote for sanctions that will be inconvenient, then if that doesnt work send in the UN peacekeepers.
My post was a rebuttal to others who seem obsessed with Starmer's position over Gaza. My point was that it is irrelevant. As, indeed, largely, is the position of the UN, as you evidently agree.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
My post was a rebuttal to others who seem obsessed with Starmer's position over Gaza. My point was that it is irrelevant. As, indeed, largely, is the position of the UN, as you evidently agree.
Well, exactly.
Israel or Hamas have no more interest in our opposition politicians' position on Gaza than we would in theirs on Brexit

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't love Jess.

Who do you think will save the Palestinians for you? Jeremy Corbyn, perhaps?

How do you advise I arrange my voting intentions to maximise my support for the Palestinian people?

Or would you be prepared to accept there is f*** all a UK MP can do about it?
There's f all MPs can do about most they involve themselves in

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There's f all MPs can do about most they involve themselves in
Perhaps.

My main issue here is that I can't get upset about an MP failing to dog whistle to a certain element in his support (and as a labour member I am very familiar with the 'attitude' of some 'activists') with a position that has no value.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, exactly.
Israel or Hamas have no more interest in our opposition politicians' position on Gaza than we would in theirs on Brexit
And so people bleating on about it have simply grasped an imaginary stick with which to beat a politician they dislike.

Which is why I refused to condemn Sunk for his similar position. And that does not mean that I wouldn't like to throw Sunk into a lake (he's not good enough for the sea).

I would add that by and large it makes sense to stand just behind America over most international issues, pretending to look solemn. This may decrease by 0.1% the chance of them f***ing us over in some future enterprise. Notwithstanding that all bets are off when someone like Trump is president.

Anyway, none of this pontification will have any effect on those who enjoy shouting into their personal echo chamber.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Even if Starmers position is irrelevant, I would prefer it as leader of the opposition that he expressed an alternative viewpoint to the other side of the house a little more often.

Regarding this issue there are others in his party, Zara Sultana included, who are asking for a suspension of arms trades to Israel.

Whilst this may be extremely unlikely to happen for different reasons including financial, for those calling for a ceasefire because of the excessive force being used by Israel it would surely align more with their thinking.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I've listened to her, a lot.
Hence what I posted.
She's never, ever without an aganda & it's generally the things I mentioned
I'll sum it up for you then.

The agenda is that because there is a great deal of evidence that a Genocide is taking place in Gaza there should be a suspension of British arms trade with Israel.

Don't think Starmer is on board.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Haha. Makes you wonder why she bothers with the Labour party
Probably the best way to put it is that she bothers the Labour party, but luckily they aren't bothered :wink:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Probably the best way to put it is that she bothers the Labour party, but luckily they aren't bothered :wink:
Quite, and furthermore like Starmer, happy with your stance of doing nothing while a Genocide continues and even make light of her when alerting to the seriousness of the situation.

Both yourself and aolstudios have nailed yourselves to that mast.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Sad times (to put it mildly) where we cant even expect our opposition leader to speak out against ethnic cleansing, occupation / apartheid. Starmer is clearly dishonest, unambitious (policy wise) and his morals and position are wholly dependent on whether it brings him to power rather than what he believes in (what does he stand for btw?!).

I can quite easily argue that Starmer is an anti-arab racist. He declared himself a Zionist - essentially a supremacist ideology as practised in Israel where one race is treated differently/prioritised versus another. He smeared the left of Labour using anti-semitism as tool to remove members. He mimimised the Forde report which detailed how badly black members are treated and found there was a 'hierarchy of racism' in Labour.

I dont think deep down he really cares about Israel - its just politically and financially expedient to tow the line and ignore the horrors taking place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite, and furthermore like Starmer, happy with your stance of doing nothing while a Genocide continues and even make light of her when alerting to the seriousness of the situation.

Both yourself and aolstudios have nailed yourselves to that mast.
Do grow up.

Tell me, what have you done to stop the conflict, and why hasn't it worked?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even if Starmers position is irrelevant, I would prefer it as leader of the opposition that he expressed an alternative viewpoint to the other side of the house a little more often.

Regarding this issue there are others in his party, Zara Sultana included, who are asking for a suspension of arms trades to Israel.

Whilst this may be extremely unlikely to happen for different reasons including financial, for those calling for a ceasefire because of the excessive force being used by Israel it would surely align more with their thinking.
So its all about alignment is it?

That will stop the Israelis stone dead. Genius plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here