Gus

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
How is he not a good manager, I assume you are joking, else you are a fickle clown.

Given the money that Gus has had, the euphoria of The Amex & some of the decent players that Poyet has brought in - on the pitch he has under achieved.

We still do not score enough goals, if we concede first we don't win, too negative tactics & only throws on more than one forward when we are behind. Poyet makes a good scout or number 2 - but as a manager, he is not going to take us up. I so hope I am wrong but after a season & half in the Championship the stubborn mule is not going to change.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Given the money that Gus has had, the euphoria of The Amex & some of the decent players that Poyet has brought in - on the pitch he has under achieved.

We still do not score enough goals, if we concede first we don't win, too negative tactics & only throws on more than one forward when we are behind. Poyet makes a good scout or number 2 - but as a manager, he is not going to take us up. I so hope I am wrong but after a season & half in the Championship the stubborn mule is not going to change.

How do you know he "isnt going to take us up"?? In this, of all leagues.... I suppose, had you been a Reading fan last season, you'd have been "certain" that Brian McDermott wouldnt be taking Reading up... and look what happened. By what possible measure do youthink that a manager has "underachieved" when he has:
1) Taken the club from a lower League 1 position, playing in front of 6500 fans in 3 years, to where we are now?
2) NOT had apprecaiably MORE money to spend that the average club in the Championship?
3) HAs the club RIGHT IN THE MIX, in the middle of a whole bunch of about 10 clubs who can all claim to have a really good shout for promotion?

Or are you of the opinion that having big crowds suddenly for 18 months turns IMMEDIATELY into results, given that the club have been playing in front of a few thousand for over a decade? Its football - not Science. You win some, you lose some, its not a perfect science.... otherwise none ofus would be interested.

Gus is doing fine. He's a stubborn b.... yes, but he's doing a good job. We're on the right track.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The money he's had isnt that much at all compared to other teams in this LG. We've not spent THAT much. Most of its a myth the media created when we got the lovely Amex but buy into it if you wish to. Genuine question: how little g have u properly supported and watched BHA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports