Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Agree with the OP.

He is not a very good manager, awful tactics, poor use of subs, but would make a great number 2.
Probably cost the club too much to get rid.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yeah, he's shit. After all, he's only managed to take a club from 20th in league one to just outside the play offs in the Championship, playing some of the most attractive football most Albion fans have ever seen. Get rid.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f*** me. In2013 we've won 2 drawn 1 lost 1 (if we lose tonight) and comfortably beaten a Orem side. Yet go a goal down to a team full of Orem experience and a 7million pound striker and suddenly Gus is shot. Yes he makes mistakes and I'm GLAD he does as it prolongs a brilliant manager's stay with us and if he didn't make mistakes he'd beat Chelsea right now...

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Agree with the OP.

He is not a very good manager, awful tactics, poor use of subs, but would make a great number 2.
Probably cost the club too much to get rid.

He's taken a team that has roughly the 14th best budget in the Championship to eighth (currently). Given that football league positions are generally linear to budget, he has overachieved.

Brighton now have an identity. A way of playing. An identity that is well known even to plastic armchair fans that I know. Sure, we could use some better quality players (like those in the Blackburn squad) to carry out our way of playing more effectively... But I am proud of the way we play, I'm proud we play football the right way and that people with great success in the world of football are praising us and Gus to the rafters for carrying it out and standing out from the crowd of average English hoofball teams.

There are few managers that could instigate such a deep rooted change at a football club as successfully and quickly as Gus Poyet has.

11:56 from Fareham

Feb 24, 2012
Only asked the question.Assume by your reply you would'nt know anyway.

What gus is doing to our club is fantastic. He is taking us into the future in footballing terms and this takes time. Yes he may make the odd mistake but who doesn't, if it wasn't for gus we'd be playing in league 2 with the likes of seb Carole and Colin Hawkins as our best players

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Decent manager with potential and good success record so far but could do with being bit more flexible if going to make step up to be a great manager I think. Be interesting to see how he'd handle a truly top squad of players who are all prima donnas and who played at his level....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What gus is doing to our club is fantastic. He is taking us into the future in footballing terms and this takes time. Yes he may make the odd mistake but who doesn't, if it wasn't for gus we'd be playing in league 2 with the likes of seb Carole and Colin Hawkins as our best players

Think that's an overstatement. Bloom investment would have brought in players whoever was in charge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here