Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f***ing Gus.. that's ZERO defeats from FIVE games in 2013 with only THREE wins and FOUR conceded and only TEN scored. BLOOM DESERVES BETTER.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Another one that will throw in his season ticket the minute things don't go well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You coming on the pitch Saturday to demand Gus gets given the SACK?

If you set up a zip wire..? Another season of mediocrity and a boring play-off contending campaign. Bloom deserves better.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
He's taken a team that has roughly the 14th best budget in the Championship to eighth (currently). Given that football league positions are generally linear to budget, he has overachieved.

Brighton now have an identity. A way of playing. An identity that is well known even to plastic armchair fans that I know. Sure, we could use some better quality players (like those in the Blackburn squad) to carry out our way of playing more effectively... But I am proud of the way we play, I'm proud we play football the right way and that people with great success in the world of football are praising us and Gus to the rafters for carrying it out and standing out from the crowd of average English hoofball teams.

There are few managers that could instigate such a deep rooted change at a football club as successfully and quickly as Gus Poyet has.

Fantastic post.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We have a squad of good footballers who will keep the ball against most teams in this division with our possession football, but Gus does seem to pick our line-up based on who we are playing and where their main threats are this I feel is the mind-set of a manager at a small club. I'd like to see him pick a side based on our strengths and play them regularly. We are only a few players short of having the best squad in the division.

On the flip side we are competing against teams who have been spending big or have recently been a premiership side on a regular basis, we are in a very tough league and a good run of 5 or 6 wins will see us in the playoffs

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, he's shit. After all, he's only managed to take a club from 20th in league one to just outside the play offs in the Championship, playing some of the most attractive football most Albion fans have ever seen. Get rid.

It's as if the championship winning season never happened. We play some SUBLIME stuff under Gus. He will go on to be a top, top manager.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's as if the championship winning season never happened. We play some SUBLIME stuff under Gus. He will go on to be a top, top manager.

As I said on another thread I'm glad Gus is still learning and making g mistakes.Otherwise he'd be long gone! Five year plan looking brilliant at no...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As I said on another thread I'm glad Gus is still learning and making g mistakes.Otherwise he'd be long gone! Five year plan looking brilliant at no...

Spot on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Notice how some of our posters have magically disappeared since Spanish Dave scored !!

It's quite amazing is t it. The negativity from some tonight was pure moronic...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
He's taken a team that has roughly the 14th best budget in the Championship to eighth (currently). Given that football league positions are generally linear to budget, he has overachieved.

Brighton now have an identity. A way of playing. An identity that is well known even to plastic armchair fans that I know. Sure, we could use some better quality players (like those in the Blackburn squad) to carry out our way of playing more effectively... But I am proud of the way we play, I'm proud we play football the right way and that people with great success in the world of football are praising us and Gus to the rafters for carrying it out and standing out from the crowd of average English hoofball teams.

There are few managers that could instigate such a deep rooted change at a football club as successfully and quickly as Gus Poyet has.
couldn't put it any better myself, top post :thumbsup:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Wow. Superb reply. I have myself strongly doubting Gus at times but this is a superb summary of the reality. Excellent excellent post

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Superb post, not forgetting when we VIOLATED League One our budget was nowhere near the top sides'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very, certainly proves the posters who only come on when we lose !!

Unless they are Paul Daniels/Derren Brown/Dynamo - which is unlikely.

It's like kids have been put to bed and the adults are having some ' adult time'.. omg that sounded smutty haha

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Whingers seem to have disappeared ....almost like they are disappointed that Spanish Dave did the biz. Dampened their Moanfest I suppose.....
5 year plan looking good. I love the competitive nature of this league and am quite happy that we to continue to learn and build the team and wait till we are ready to go up.....imagine what it would be like on here if we got promotion when we weren't ready?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
he's taken a team that has roughly the 14th best budget in the championship to eighth (currently). Given that football league positions are generally linear to budget, he has overachieved.

Brighton now have an identity. A way of playing. An identity that is well known even to plastic armchair fans that i know. Sure, we could use some better quality players (like those in the blackburn squad) to carry out our way of playing more effectively... But i am proud of the way we play, i'm proud we play football the right way and that people with great success in the world of football are praising us and gus to the rafters for carrying it out and standing out from the crowd of average english hoofball teams.

There are few managers that could instigate such a deep rooted change at a football club as successfully and quickly as gus poyet has.

boom!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here