Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet Interview

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
For what it’s worth, I don’t think people will find Gus much different in this interview. It was fascinating, he was open, gave his thoughts on everything, and we tried to ask as many questions as possible. His ego shone through still, but it was genuinely interesting to hear his comments on a lot of the issues, as he’s not spoken on them before. Aside from his departure, we talked about the early days, Adam El-Abd, Vicente, the Van Dijk possibility, Glenn Murray and a whole host of less contentious issues.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Awesome - can’t wait to listen to this. The Ritchie Blackmore of football management - sublime talent, wilful, driven, ruthless and ambitious. Still, at times, you can forgive a genius his frailties.

His football was just beautiful, starting with destroying Southampton at St Mary’s - trouncing Blackpool at the Amex... so many more brilliant memories. Sure it burned out, but better that than to fade away ... sorry Chris.

I suspect Tony has long searched for his Poyet - the ego... and heck it looks like GP are the key initials. Alas, I fear, if you take out the ‘star’ status and the strong (very strong) personality, well you’re pretty gosh darn unlikely to see Vicente mkII any time soon... another reason I will always love Gus. Again, it ended sourly... putting two stars like that in a club of our size hmmmm Blackmore and Gillan spring to mind once again.

All good stories deserve embellishment, I’m sure Gus will deliver !

Into the Fire.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For what it’s worth, I don’t think people will find Gus much different in this interview. It was fascinating, he was open, gave his thoughts on everything, and we tried to ask as many questions as possible. His ego shone through still, but it was genuinely interesting to hear his comments on a lot of the issues, as he’s not spoken on them before. Aside from his departure, we talked about the early days, Adam El-Abd, Vicente, the Van Dijk possibility, Glenn Murray and a whole host of less contentious issues.

Sorry to push, did he talk frankly about Muzza’s departure?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Awesome - can’t wait to listen to this. The Ritchie Blackmore of football management - sublime talent, wilful, driven, ruthless and ambitious. Still, at times, you can forgive a genius his frailties.

His football was just beautiful, starting with destroying Southampton at St Mary’s - trouncing Blackpool at the Amex... so many more brilliant memories. Sure it burned out, but better that than to fade away ... sorry Chris.

I suspect Tony has long searched for his Poyet - the ego... and heck it looks like GP are the key initials. Alas, I fear, if you take out the ‘star’ status and the strong (very strong) personality, well you’re pretty gosh darn unlikely to see Vicente mkII any time soon... another reason I will always love Gus. Again, it ended sourly... putting two stars like that in a club of our size hmmmm Blackmore and Gillan spring to mind once again.

All good stories deserve embellishment, I’m sure Gus will deliver !

Into the Fire.

Bald, wearing a wig and a wizard's hat? **** me ??? :lolol:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Loved watching the Albion with him as Boss.
Handled the post match of the Palace match wrong (although saw elsewhere that he only turned up for the 2nd leg an hour before ko ?).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bottom line with Gus is that his mangerial record in the last 5 years is pretty ordinary. He can talk a good game, he is passionate and popular but he imploded at just the wrong time with us, that's his nature and he will never change.

That said, he did a brilliant job in taking us out of League 1 and establishing us as a bona fide Championship promotion-contending club, so he'll aways have a special place in Albion history.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not quite the scoop I thought it was going to be, but I can see ees compillicaaateed

Biggest indicator for me is he's not heard from ANYONE at the club, that, to me, demonstrates the players feel the club were in the right, or rather, he wasn't.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Enjoyed that, thankyou. Such a shame the way his time with us ended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here