Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Interview- Post Match

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am glad you could tell what he said as in the car, I couldn't work out what the hell he was on about

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
sounds like you are in the know?

Not really, I know a few good men and get some info from others.

I just think sadly Gus has a huge ego and his employer cannot tolerate it. Matteo has been to quite a few games recently at the Amex and I think Poyet will get his chance of the big time which he craves.

We will be be in very safe hands if this happens

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
So would I be if I was TB - fecking cheeky monkey to say the least

Hopefully all just heat of the moment stuff. To give an interview so soon afterwards wasn't an easy thing to do. The expectation levels are going to be much higher next season at the Amex.

Everton? No chance. It would be somewhere like Fulham, who have been on a terrible run under Martin Jol and won't progress much further unless they change things in the summer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bloom and Poyet barely on speaking terms since the Reading thing......Poyet defo leaving

Yes that was not great but trust me neither party ever engineered that it was media talk.

I believe Talk Sport went viral saying he would be manager as well.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
From the argus:

Albion boss Gus Poyet has hinted at leaving unless he gets assurances from chairman Tony Bloom that he will have enough money to continue improving the team.

Poyet delivered his bombshell after the Seagulls' dream of promotion to the Premier League was shattered by arch-rivals Crystal Palace at The Amex.

A second half double by Manchester United-bound winger Wilfried Zaha earned Palace a 2-0 win on aggregate in their play-off semi-final showdown with the Seagulls and a Wembley date with Watford later this month.

Bloom, writing in the programme, described Albion's fourth-placed finish in the Championship as one of the best seasons in his lifetime.

Poyet told The Argus: "I've got no doubt but that finished two weeks ago. Now for me it's not.

"I know how you feel when you win but I don't know how you feel when you go down and you are the manager and responsible. I've not been in this situation but I don't like it. It's changed my view completely about everything I was prepared for, so we'll see now.

"I have always said that during the time we keep improving I am going to be at this football club and the day we hit the roof I'm not. So tomorrow morning I am going to ask if we've hit the roof and to know that I need answers and then we'll see."

"I think it's about everything. It's not like a click of the fingers and you finish in the top six every year. Financial Fair Play is coming next year. It's going to hit everybody, including us and we've got a few problems.

"This team is much better than last year's team and it is improving because of the way we finished and the way we play. But to go up we need to get better. I don't think so."

Asked by The Argus if he will be seeking assurances from Bloom, Poyet said: "Yes I will, no doubt about it. I want to get better and as a manager I want to get better as well. I don't go to places just to have a job, I go to places to put things right and to make the place better and I think I've done my job here.

"I don't think anyone is going to disagree. Is there something more? Right now I don't know, so I need to make sure that I know there is, because if not I am not going to stay forever. It doesn't matter how many years contract you have signed."

Poyet, less than halfway through a five-year contract, has consistently pointed out Albion have a budget which is lower than many other clubs in the Championship.

The Uruguayan was targeted by relegated Reading in March, when they still had a chance of staying in the Premier League, but he decided to stay.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Not all that bothered, whenever things get crucial he seems to just set out negative, so much attacking flair in the squad not used to its full potential, as proved tonight when we had all 11 men in our own box from a Palace corner which meant we couldn't get the ball out and that led to their opener, poor, he's not good enough for a bigger job yet, still so much to learn.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not many I would believe on here but [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] is one. Do you have a source beachy?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No they wont, Pardew built the team that got promoted with Adkins watching from the side lines

They will be in the mix.

TB has still got many changes to make at BHAFC to get it right, commercially we are crap that is why Brown left also you might want to note Paul Rodgers has a new manger.

Brown totally over did the shirts hence the BOGOF offers

We are not exacting the revenue that is needed therefore Barber arrived and will sort it all out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not many I would believe on here but [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] is one. Do you have a source beachy?

Quite a few that I know and trust.

It will be good but many changes still need to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here