Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Interview- Post Match

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Am I missing something has he left?
Should we really turn on him after a what he said in that interview? If he feels that he can't take our club further then he should go and I don't blame him. Why stay at a club that you can't offer anything to.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have been a massive supporter of poyet but his post match comments today were disrespectful to our club.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Managers come and go, and if he goes, then yes I'll be disappointed, but I'm actually far more concerned about the likelihood of losing Bridcutt, Bridge, PIG, Buckley, Ulloa.....

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
I have been a massive supporter of poyet but his post match comments today were disrespectful to our club.

FFS... what a load of utter COBBLERS!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not all that bothered, whenever things get crucial he seems to just set out negative, so much attacking flair in the squad not used to its full potential, as proved tonight when we had all 11 men in our own box from a Palace corner which meant we couldn't get the ball out and that led to their opener, poor, he's not good enough for a bigger job yet, still so much to learn.

Nailed on. Tactically outwitted by Ian holloway, a man with less brain cells than an amoeba. My two year old could have worked out that ulloa was somewhat isolated. Fair play for changing it and bringing on Barnes but **** you Gus for playing him deep and not solving the problem. They were there for the taking and you bottled it Gus, so don't go giving it the large one. Be appreciative of the job you have or do one. the club and Tony Bloon in particular deserve more than you whoring yourself out at every opportunity. Show some humility and admit you fell short tonight.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
It was totally disrespectful of his employer

What was? Saying he needed to consider his future and the potential for him and the club to progress? Do behave.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I should add the beloved by the Inner Rectum Uncle Dick will be history soon as well.....................

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If he wants to go, good luck to him, but I doubt the Albion will be short of quality applicants.

Same as it ever was. Dick Knight would always tell anybody who cared to listen that he never lost a moment's sleep over losing a manager. Even in the dog days of Withdean he always had a long list of footballing A-LIST applicants whenever the job came up.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
IMHO Gus will have his meeting with the board tomorrow morning and hand in his resignation to be announced on SSN in the evening.
He has done a grand job for us the last three years, and I for one can't thank him enough, but time for different management and style of football.
Followed by a number of players including El-Abd , Dicker, Crofts, Painter, Ankragren, Greer, Bridge, Upson, Possibly CMS depending on if Gus stays or goes, Hammond, Bridcutt to a Premier League side.
Di Matteo new Manager !

Gus made tactical mistakes again tonight as he does quite often.
Our players just didn't look as "up for it" as Palarses especially AGAIN in the second half.
I get he feeling he maybe losing the dressing too too .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think some people are being a bit dramatic. We all know what Poyet is like. From the text I have seen of the interview, it looks more like he is asking the board to show their intentions. Lets keep Bridcutt, try and keep Bridge and/or Upson. Keep Lopez. If we want to improve we need to be more competitive financially.

Lets see how it pans out but it will blow over. Only last week we were gushing over his speech at the players dinner

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Nailed on. Tactically outwitted by Ian holloway, a man with less brain cells than an amoeba. My two year old could have worked out that ulloa was somewhat isolated. Fair play for changing it and bringing on Barnes but **** you Gus for playing him deep and not solving the problem. They were there got the taking and you bottled it Gus, so don't go giving it the large one. Be appreciative if the job you have or do one, be because the club deserve more than you whoring yourself out at every opportunity. Show some humility and admit you fell short tonight.

This.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What was? Saying he needed to consider his future and the potential for him and the club to progress? Do behave.

Look a bit further and beyond

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
From the argus:

Albion boss Gus Poyet has hinted at leaving unless he gets assurances from chairman Tony Bloom that he will have enough money to continue improving the team.

Poyet delivered his bombshell after the Seagulls' dream of promotion to the Premier League was shattered by arch-rivals Crystal Palace at The Amex.

A second half double by Manchester United-bound winger Wilfried Zaha earned Palace a 2-0 win on aggregate in their play-off semi-final showdown with the Seagulls and a Wembley date with Watford later this month.

Bloom, writing in the programme, described Albion's fourth-placed finish in the Championship as one of the best seasons in his lifetime.

Poyet told The Argus: "I've got no doubt but that finished two weeks ago. Now for me it's not.

"I know how you feel when you win but I don't know how you feel when you go down and you are the manager and responsible. I've not been in this situation but I don't like it. It's changed my view completely about everything I was prepared for, so we'll see now.

"I have always said that during the time we keep improving I am going to be at this football club and the day we hit the roof I'm not. So tomorrow morning I am going to ask if we've hit the roof and to know that I need answers and then we'll see."

"I think it's about everything. It's not like a click of the fingers and you finish in the top six every year. Financial Fair Play is coming next year. It's going to hit everybody, including us and we've got a few problems.

"This team is much better than last year's team and it is improving because of the way we finished and the way we play. But to go up we need to get better. I don't think so."

Asked by The Argus if he will be seeking assurances from Bloom, Poyet said: "Yes I will, no doubt about it. I want to get better and as a manager I want to get better as well. I don't go to places just to have a job, I go to places to put things right and to make the place better and I think I've done my job here.

"I don't think anyone is going to disagree. Is there something more? Right now I don't know, so I need to make sure that I know there is, because if not I am not going to stay forever. It doesn't matter how many years contract you have signed."

Poyet, less than halfway through a five-year contract, has consistently pointed out Albion have a budget which is lower than many other clubs in the Championship.

The Uruguayan was targeted by relegated Reading in March, when they still had a chance of staying in the Premier League, but he decided to stay.

he just wears his heart on his sleeve and is very honest in what he says sometimes. People read far too much in to this sort of comment and interview. He needs time to think it over, and then come back with the fighting talk. From reading this - I didn't actually hear the interview - I don't see how anybody can say it is disrespectful to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here