Gus Poyet Interview- Post Match

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
If I was Tony Bloom hearing that I'd be fecking furious. What more does Gus want? He's going to regret saying that in the morning big time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If I was Tony Bloom hearing that I'd be fecking furious. What more does Gus want? He's going to regret saying that in the morning big time.

So would I be if I was TB - fecking cheeky monkey to say the least

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So why didn't he come out and say that and commit himself to fighting to get us promoted next season ?
Pretty sure mullery did in 77/78

He did say that it had been a good season and that we had performed better than expected. No, he didn't give an inspiring 'we'll do it next season' speech but it was just a few minutes after we had been dumped out of the playoffs against our arch rivals. Think it's time for everyone to take a few days to reflect. If he hasn't got the stomach to come back next season with renewed vigour then it's best he goes. However, I think he'll have a point to prove and be stronger for this. We can only wait and see.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Did any one else come across that he wanted to leave in a way?

He ****ed up by hanging onto McSmudger,and why the **** is sixty thousand pound barnes still in the squad,we played one and a half seasons in this division without a decent striker.Gus aint half the manager he thinks he is all he has done is get a team promoted from the 3rd to the 2nd division, and that team was shit tonight not worthy of the stripes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He ****ed up by hanging onto McSmudger,and why the **** is sixty thousand pound barnes still in the squad,we played one and a half seasons in this division without a decent striker.Gus aint half the manager he thinks he is all he has done is get a team promoted from the 3rd to the 2nd division, and that team was shit tonight not worthy of the stripes

I fundamentally disagree it has been a magnificent season and the way we have effortless become a Championship team has been inspirational to me.

We just need a bit more in the tank and trust me we will find it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5702629 said:
Brighton manager Gus Poyet on his future at the club: "I don't want to make any comments on my future because the feelings are not the best. Today we found the roof and we hit the roof.
"Where do we go from here? I need to sit down at the end of the season and discuss it. I'm under contract that is the situation so I've got nothing to say. I also need to analyse my personal situation."

Gus is trying be very smart. Opportunities at a few Premier League clubs might appear with "managers musical chairs" over the summer. Tony might choose to try a new deck of cards instead of shuffling the current deck.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why did he not come out all guns blazing saying we will come back next year bigger and stronger ??

Think he is off

Not sure I care if that is the case. We will have a lot of other options, I'm sure. A woeful performance tonight but it's still been a great season. Credit to Palace. They were far, far better than us on the day.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

What did poyet say,did he mention not getting rid of McSmudger to Reading last season when we could all see he was shit was a monumental **** up on his part.Gus plays too defensively to be successful and he refuses to admit to his mistakes. if he don`t like it here he can **** off

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If poyet goes it'll hardly be the end of the world. He's a limited manager who frequently gets his team selection and tactics wrong.
And there'll be a queue of good managers who will want to come to Brighton

This. I don,t particularly want him to go but if he thinks he has taken us as far as he can then..... Cheerio Gus, thanks for the memories but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Next time Gus, whoever you manage........go for it rather than take the cautious approach. Ulloa totally isolated with that formation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We lost because Buckley and Lopez weren't at the races and we have a manager who seemed to learn nothing from the first game. Ulloa was isolated up front and didn't get a decent ball all evening. Orlandi, for all his skill has no pace and we would have done better starting with KLL. And, at the end of the day, we have a manager who cannot motivate a team to come from behind.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

You should be utterly ashamed of your stupidity.

THAT team isn't worthy of the stripes? Where have you been for the last 20 years? What do you expect?

You weren't missed while things were going well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So will Gus go and di Matteo come in?

Personally yes it looks very likely to me, Gus has sadly overplayed it somewhat to the point of annoying his employer.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I like Gus, but he started with the wrong team tonight.

If he wants to go, good luck to him, but I doubt the Albion will be short of quality applicants.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports