Gus Poyet: best win of my career

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You're an ALPHA MALE, whereas the OP is in touch with his feminine side.

I like to think I am in touch with my feminine side, but I am still able to put Gus behind me, while maintaining a supportive interest in what he does.

That does not mean I am no 100% in the Os-CAR, thinking he has more potential than Gus. Could he be a Pocchettino?

PS - Don't think the Os-Car thing really works.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Who writes their message as 'I was at Wembley in '83'??? I mean REALLY?!?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Until he sings to Sunderland fans that their team is ****ing brilliant, then I think he still secretly loves us

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Thanks Twinkle, do we need a GROUP HUG to get over the comments?

That's one of the most bootiful things I've ever read on here. I just want you to know: I LOVE YOU. :cry:

ps Any chance you could sort a separate 'space' on here - so we can offer each other the kind of support & understanding needed on this oft' cruel, cruel, forum? You KNOW it makes sense...

It's biggest and best. It's a Premier League match against one of the title faves. Fair play to him.

He's moved on. Can't we?

Apparently not, he will joining A****r and B*****i in an unholy trinity before too long at this rate.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I might be completely wrong, but Gus has the potential to get to the very top of football management (he probably thinks so too). Great playing career, and soon a great managerial record - Leeds, BHA and then Sunderland (maybe avoiding relegation and then mid-table PL respectability). Compare and contrast with a number of guys in Premier League managers jobs today who I am sure wished they had a CV like his. I wish he had stayed with us, but thereagain I am sure most Aberdonians wished Ferguson had stayed with them. However, its quite normal for talented people to move on if they see a better chance - doesn`t mean we are no-hopers, but its no secret Gus wanted to add a bit of PL to his experience. I do think he messed up the playoffs this year, but on balance, overall, I think he did his bit for the cause. Now over to OG to do his bit. Very confident he will.

I also think we should be happy with every SAFC win - thats an ex-Albion manager doing well, partly because of the experience he had with us. Got to be a good thing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Gus Poyet: Sunderland manager savours biggest win of career.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24889672

Hmmmmmm

I think this is a swipe at us.. well the board anyway... but it is upsetting for us fans as well. He just cant stop himself.

sorry about that.. but best win, biggest win.. Does Gus's command of the English language allow him to appreciate he semantic difference. I think he was just being spiteful.

but he doesnt need to say it eh? Some sensitivity would be nice. But he just cant help himself.

but thats just the point.. he hasnt moved on, becasue this is a deliberate swipe at us.

Four years with us... Four games with Sunderland.

But thats the biggest win of his career.. Not titles or promotion. A lucky win against Man City?

Nah.. he is having a go at us.

The 'thats the biggest win of my career' bit.

Four years with us... Four games with Sunderland. We are suddenly and totally insignificant.. If you cant see that its a swipe at us then so be it. But saying 'biggest win of my career' makes it about us.
He could have said 'important win, crucial win, or a million other things..

Well its because I bloody loved him and thought he cared about us too.

So yeah. I feel disrespected and upset.

Jeez mate, chill out. Whats bitten your arse?

So I feel upset... so what?

This can only be one of two things :

:fishing: or :wanker:

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Who writes their message as 'I was at Wembley in '83'??? I mean REALLY?!?

I was there as a 16 year old. Were you there? and it was my most historic Albion moment.

FFS this forum has come to something when Albion fans who love their club get slagged off.. what the hell is all this about?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Gotta love this place. We win, Sunderland win which leaves palace anchored and then we get the brains trust on here getting all precious. The ability to twist what he may have said will only reach stratospheric proportions when he keeps them up and gets a shot at a huge job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I might be completely wrong, but Gus has the potential to get to the very top of football management (he probably thinks so too). Great playing career, and soon a great managerial record - Leeds, BHA and then Sunderland (maybe avoiding relegation and then mid-table PL respectability). Compare and contrast with a number of guys in Premier League managers jobs today who I am sure wished they had a CV like his. I wish he had stayed with us, but thereagain I am sure most Aberdonians wished Ferguson had stayed with them. However, its quite normal for talented people to move on if they see a better chance - doesn`t mean we are no-hopers, but its no secret Gus wanted to add a bit of PL to his experience. I do think he messed up the playoffs this year, but on balance, overall, I think he did his bit for the cause. Now over to OG to do his bit. Very confident he will.

I also think we should be happy with every SAFC win - thats an ex-Albion manager doing well, partly because of the experience he had with us. Got to be a good thing.

He didn't manage Leeds. He was assistant there after Swindon and before Spurs.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Gus had moved on mentally even before he'd left here physically. Handing in his notice and asking to leave immediately - a few days before we were playing Palace? Of course this Sunderland win was his biggest win so far - it's clear he didn't really care that much about us. He doesn't much care about Sunderland either though - it's all about Gus. Good manager but his tactical nous will never match his egotism.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was there as a 16 year old. Were you there? and it was my most historic Albion moment.

FFS this forum has come to something when Albion fans who love their club get slagged off.. what the hell is all this about?

Well bugger me, that makes you about 46 !!!! Yet you write like a 12 year old.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

It's not so much that 'Albion fans who love their club get slagged off' but more 'Albion fans who read between the lines to find a ridiculous and non-existent anti-Brighton message in a former manager's post-match comments get mocked'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Who gives a f**k?

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Gus had moved on mentally even before he'd left here physically. Handing in his notice and asking to leave immediately - a few days before we were playing Palace? Of course this Sunderland win was his biggest win so far - it's clear he didn't really care that much about us. He doesn't much care about Sunderland either though - it's all about Gus. Good manager but his tactical nous will never match his egotism.

Thats a fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports