Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet: best win of my career

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So why choose to do it just before the palace game why not wait till after?

Gus chose the most important fixture (to the fans anyway) to give his "notice".

Good luck to him at Suinderland however.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Gus did do all the things he is accused of, and we still came fourth in the division, he must be an even better manager than i thought.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Out of interest, and I don't know if anyone knows, is it a fact that he turned up late for the Palace game?

Was going to ask that question myself. I saw someone repeating it in the Argus comments the other day - saying he didn't turn up till 7pm. Anyone know?

I am not a fan of Gus at all, but I can confirm this is DEFINITELY a lie.

I took the day off especially and went to the Swan that afternoon via the club shop - around 4.45pm I walked through the Bennett's Field Car Park and Saw Tarricco and Poyet leave their car on the way into the ground. I wished them luck - Poyet completely ignored me, Tano said "thanks very much".

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And there I think we will never agree. I (and others) read it as saying "I want to leave tomorrow". Why even ask Bloom about the possibility of leaving the next day and saying you're fine with it?

My last word on this as I suspect we'll be going round in circles otherwise. Poyet said "I'm leaving at the end of the season" meaning regardless of what happens I'm off and here's my resignation letter. He tells Bloom that if it's allowable then he's fine to go tomorrow meaning, in my eyes, that he wants out as soon as possible and if Bloom doesn't let him go immediately then he'll just work his notice.

I don't think there is conclusive evidence either way. Our record after the conversation between Bloom and Poyet was the best of the season, so there seems to be little evidence of Gus letting the dispute affect his day to day professionalism.

I left my job earlier this year, there was an unpleasant environment at work, and I went to join a rival. I said to my boss that I would stay to the end of term or would go immediately if he would prefer, not a dissimilar conversation to that of GP and TB.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am not a fan of Gus at all, but I can confirm this is DEFINITELY a lie.

I took the day off especially and went to the Swan that afternoon via the club shop - around 4.45pm I walked through the Bennett's Field Car Park and Saw Tarricco and Poyet leave their car on the way into the ground. I wished them luck - Poyet completely ignored me, Tano said "thanks very much".

That sounds really suspicious, what was he up to, going to the Amex at 4.45pm ??? He may have just popped in for a few minutes and then left again to come back later.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So why choose to do it just before the palace game why not wait till after?

Gus chose the most important fixture (to the fans anyway) to give his "notice".

Good luck to him at Suinderland however.

Well this part we don't know, as we've only heard one side of the story. Its quite possible that TB had just done something that pissed Gus off, so Gus decided he didn't want to stay and work for him anymore, and gave his notice in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here