Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet: best win of my career

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Didn't poyet famously say once " I've only been at Brighton " so on that basis he is correct :wink:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Brilliant thread.

He's a professional, focused entirely on what he's paid for, which is saving Sunderland from relegation. Despite what some on here seem to think, my guess is that he's barely given Brighton a thought since having secured the Sunderland job. A key aspect of his job is getting his ramshackle, demotivated team back on side, and convincing Sunderland management and fans that he's 100% devoted to the task in hand. Talking in superlatives about what was, actually, quite a significant and impressive win, is a small but important part of that task. Anyone in a similar new leadership position would do the same, wherever they'd come from previously.

Good luck to him.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
GUS ANTI ALBION RANT

"Sunderland boss Gus Poyet delivered a WITHERING rant against his former employers following his side's unexpected win against league favourites and expensively assembled Man City. In a blistering verbal assault on the noble community club that graciously offered him employment for 4 years, indulging his unorthodox management style and allowing him to propel them to finish 4th in the Championship, he BELITTLED his entire time at Brighton and DERIDED historic unforgettable matches by claiming this result the BEST of his career.

Fans and commentators alike were STUNNED to hear the Uruguayan pour SCORN on some of the historic Albion matches which have become part of the fabric of the entire nation, including 4-0 away at Charlton and Carlisle 4 -3 - now famously celebrated as 'Bridcutt Day' the world over."

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Guardian report: "Touré and Javi García appeared increasingly frustrated after being repeatedly denied room for manoeuvre by the influential Ki, adroitly screening his back four, and the almost equally impressive Jack Colback.

On loan from Swansea, Ki may have begun on the bench had Lee Cattermole not been serving his latest suspension yet long before the end the South Korean seemed integral to the implementation of Poyet's vision."

Looks like he's playing the Bridcutt role ... let's hope he continues to impress.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brilliant thread.

He's a professional, focused entirely on what he's paid for, which is saving Sunderland from relegation. Despite what some on here seem to think, my guess is that he's barely given Brighton a thought since having secured the Sunderland job. A key aspect of his job is getting his ramshackle, demotivated team back on side, and convincing Sunderland management and fans that he's 100% devoted to the task in hand. Talking in superlatives about what was, actually, quite a significant and impressive win, is a small but important part of that task. Anyone in a similar new leadership position would do the same, wherever they'd come from previously.

Good luck to him.

Brighton fans on NSC precious!? Surely not....:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Guardian report: "Touré and Javi García appeared increasingly frustrated after being repeatedly denied room for manoeuvre by the influential Ki, adroitly screening his back four, and the almost equally impressive Jack Colback.

On loan from Swansea, Ki may have begun on the bench had Lee Cattermole not been serving his latest suspension yet long before the end the South Korean seemed integral to the implementation of Poyet's vision."

Looks like he's playing the Bridcutt role ... let's hope he continues to impress.

I watched MOTD2 and Ki did play the Bridcutt role. I hope he's brilliant at it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
but thats just the point.. he hasnt moved on, becasue this is a deliberate swipe at us.

I think it is verging on paranoia to see this as a deliberate swipe at us.

He has taken a team of no-hopers and done things in a short space of time which enable them to beat leading title contenders (albeit with a dodgy away record at the moment) assembled by multi-million pound and quite sensible spending - they have got some pretty good players. And he has taken over from someone that Martin O'Neill was quoted in my paper today as describing as a "managerial charlatan". There have also been various quotes from players about how he has changed the atmosphere and lifted the whole club.

I think - on top of his dropping the tribunal stuff last week - that this is an indication that Gus has moved on. So should we.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I actually have his illigitimate baby here at my breast. Now maybe you can see why I need counselling.

Ah.........the old trick of 100 serious posts, make yourself look a bit of a tit and then claim it's a spoof thread approach :clap2:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
errrr what about our win against Man City was he not in charge for that and I would have a guess the the difference was greater

Ignore me.

Consider yourself ignored.

Although I must admit the same thought went through my mind. I think, though, that taking Sunderland to beat them, considering where Sunderland were about a month or 6 weeks ago, is pretty impressive.

EDIT: and pretty impressive is a deliberate understatement. If I was a Rokerite I would be delirious about it.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
what a bunch of dicks... serves me right for coming on here when all the bloody jobseekers are on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here