Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet: best win of my career

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's obvious that this is nothing more than a thinly veiled, blistering personal ATTACK on Bloom & Barber. The GUMPTION of that man is beyond words.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Four years with us... Four games with Sunderland.

But thats the biggest win of his career.. Not titles or promotion. A lucky win against Man City?

Nah.. he is having a go at us.

Of course it's his biggest!!!!

Just read what he SAID.

"It has to be [the biggest] because of the rival, the position and the difference in the squad."

He's just beaten a team worth about £250m with relegation candidates. That's easily the biggest difference in comparable squads he's ever faced.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
which bit of that is the deliberate swipe at us?

The 'thats the biggest win of my career' bit.

Four years with us... Four games with Sunderland. We are suddenly and totally insignificant.. If you cant see that its a swipe at us then so be it. But saying 'biggest win of my career' makes it about us.
He could have said 'important win, crucial win, or a million other things..

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Roll on a couple of seasons and maybe just maybe all the fans here will finally get over him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Four years with us... Four games with Sunderland. We are suddenly and totally insignificant.. If you cant see that its a swipe at us then so be it. But saying 'biggest win of my career' makes it about us.

Keep posting, this is hilarious!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's biggest and best. It's a Premier League match against one of the title faves. Fair play to him.

He's moved on. Can't we?

Spot on. Sunderland hadn't achieved back to back wins at home this year and now, beating Manchester City and it's stars, they've won three in a row, including their cup win. Of course, he's going to say it.
As said, some Brighton fans are looking to be offended/upset.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Let him enjoy his brief success. He clearly deserves it after reaching the ceiling with us.

Just a shame that his "biggest win" couldn't have been getting us to the playoff final last season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
"I am very proud, very tired like I played the game. If you can see the players standing on the bench everyone was like they were playing the game that is how much it means to us.

"The proudest time is when you are able to keep a clean sheet against a team like Man City. A team who did not keep a clean sheet before, It is perfection.

Is it match number one in your career?

"It has to be because of the rival, their position and the difference in the squad. We need to make sure we all believe. We showed plenty of things, passing the ball, being brave, understanding danger, defending, putting bodies on line."

which bit of that is the deliberate swipe at us?

It's all a deliberate swipe at us, can't you see it? Gus now hates us all and will do everything he can to run us down. Even when his side have beaten one of the title favorites all he cares about is belittling us, his first and last thoughts of the day are how he can make the board, players and fans of Brighton and Hove Albion FC feel even worse, can't you see it? I bet he's even considering getting a car sticker of himself urinating on the shirt, that's how much he hates us.

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Four years with us... Four games with Sunderland. We are suddenly and totally insignificant.. ..

Flipping Hell :lolol:

Yeah I'm sure, as SUNDERLAND MANAGER, in an interview about SUNDERLAND beating City, he should actually be saying something like:

"Well, Geoff, this is a big win for Sunderland today but we need to put this in context. When I was Brighton manager we beat Dagenham and Redbridge 4-3"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure it isn't. What a sensitive flower you are.

'Sensitive flower' :lolol:

Now all we need is 'bedwetter' and '12 year old girl'

For what it's worth we can't really take Radio Project Poyet too seriously anymore - no longer our problem what he says in the press.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well its because I bloody loved him and thought he cared about us too.

So yeah. I feel disrespected and upset.

You are ACTUALLY mucking about, aren't you?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Whose spoof account is this? Come on, own up. Hilarious.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well its because I bloody loved him and thought he cared about us too.

So yeah. I feel disrespected and upset.

He did care about us. Then he was suspended, discplined and sacked. Despite that he hasn't come out and said anything disrespectful. And he's their manager now and he's going to say respectful things to their fans. And we have to suck it up.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Of course it's his biggest!!!!

Just read what he SAID.

"It has to be [the biggest] because of the rival, the position and the difference in the squad."

He's just beaten a team worth about £250m with relegation candidates. That's easily the biggest difference in comparable squads he's ever faced.

errrr what about our win against Man City was he not in charge for that and I would have a guess the the difference was greater

Ignore me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here