Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus is worth £1.2 million? Now linked with Fulham job

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Poyet will not go to a Chelsea or Arsenal job straight from Brighton as he would never be offered it.
He would need a stepping stone club. I view Fulham (and Villa) as the sort of clubs he would be interested in despite what he said (if approached).
I agree about Chelsea and Arsenal at the moment but also I see Villa as the type of club that could lure him as they are just outside of the top 6 or 7 in the country with prospects. Unfortunately for them, Fulham dont come in that category.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
How long have you been going to Albion - Eastbourne? you register this month and you talk as if you are a Palace fan........

Fulham are at the top of their potential, 10th place Prem, Europa League (through the back door)...and a club that is no bigger than Brighton... if we were in a similar position. Here Gus can create a legacy, there all he can do is mantain what they already have in mid tabel mediocrity...or.... get fired if they don't finish mid table.
Better league position but not better potential at all.

You've managed to prove my point unintentionally.

They're 10th in the Premiership
We've just won League One

They're in the Europa League
We were just in the Johnstone's Paint Pot

We're not in the same position.

Anyone who thinks that Fulham isn't a step up and that Gus wouldn't want the job is deluded. Also, our brilliant new stadium is great for us fans, having spent 13 years living in squalor, but every other club has a nice stadium - so why are we all mentioning it as a pull factor? Besides I don't think managers or players would care how nice the stadium is if they get an extra grand or two a week, they have short careers, and need to use the time they have to earn as much money as they can.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes but like Lewes FC the only way for Fulham other than to hold what they have is opposite to up-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here