Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus is worth £1.2 million? Now linked with Fulham job

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
i think he would got o Fulham but wont
This. He would jump at the chance to manage a Premiership club - and Fayed would be able to offer him more than Bloom. But it's too much of a risk for them to go for him - I hope!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Worryingly, Fulham could be a good move for Gus - they're a decent Premiership outfit, and Fayed, whatever else you might say or think about him, appears to be a chairman who will give a manager time.....Hodgson and Hughes left of their own accord, remember, they weren't pushed.
Having said that, I don't think he'll go (I hope).

I don't think El Fayed would agree to get rid of that Michael Jackson statue............................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that people actually believe that the Fulham is a job that Gus would want. As I have said if Mark Hughes takes BobbyZ plus another couple of players, which is quite possible as he rates Bobby very highly they would then become good candidates for relegation. They have historically been a club that has hovered between the top two divisions and until Hodgson came and sorted them out for Hughes to carry on the work they didnt have much hope of doing otherwise. Whoever takes on the job can only go one way as they will not improve on their latest league position.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Fulham are bigger than Brighton only in terms of league position, complete non starter.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fulham have just about gone as far as they can-Look at Cambridge United-back in the early mid 1990's(where are they now) i went there and thought to myself when they were doing really well-this is as good as it gets-never mind the crap view from a terrace behind the goal that sat lower than the pitch it's self or walking through fields to get to the ground(hhhhmmm)anyway.

Fulham-no real room for expansion
Brighton-lots of room to grow

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Gus has said time and time again that he sees us a s a long term proposition, he has no prem or ch/l form.....muzz and benno going are a bit disconcerting , but you have to give the pro's credit and except that they know what they are doing .......if we are in the bottom 5 in six months time , battling for survival then i will be ranting like the next bloke but i really can't see it.........it's all about team BUILDING apparently ..:thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
He won't go to fulham. Fulham have gone as far as they can.

20,000 capacity and can't expand whereas we can go to 30,000 so fulham would be a backward step for Gus.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
we'll get another season from Gus and then he will go to Zaragoza for 2 years. Premiership manager's life spans are so short these days that there should be 3 tippy tappy managers looking for jobs by then, namely Martinez, Di Matteo and Rogers to start with.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would have thought the £1.2M compensation clause is for per season of his remaining contract otherwise TB has made a boo boo.

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
He won't go to fulham. Fulham have gone as far as they can.

20,000 capacity and can't expand whereas we can go to 30,000 so fulham would be a backward step for Gus.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Fulham would NOT be a backwards step. That's worse than saying Aston Villa, Swansea or Wigan would be a backwards step.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
directed at Eastbourne with his blinkered views.

I did not mean to highlight the "praise" part just the "Palace" bit-should have read ......Palace

who?

Damn Newbies

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Lets take the £1.2 million and buy back Murray .......................... I haven't thought this through have I ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fulham would NOT be a backwards step. That's worse than saying Aston Villa, Swansea or Wigan would be a backwards step.

What absolute rubbish Fulham, Swansea or Wigan wouldnt be an improvement as they have a very limited chance of exceeding our potential Villa isa different kettle of fish as they have evrything to allow them to move up to the next level. The other three have reached the height of their possiblities so can only go one way and that is down.

You need to get real and see the word from the trees.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Poyet will not go to a Chelsea or Arsenal job straight from Brighton as he would never be offered it.
He would need a stepping stone club. I view Fulham (and Villa) as the sort of clubs he would be interested in despite what he said (if approached).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

How long have you been going to Albion - Eastbourne? you register this month and you talk as if you are a Palace fan........

Fulham are at the top of their potential, 10th place Prem, Europa League (through the back door)...and a club that is no bigger than Brighton... if we were in a similar position. Here Gus can create a legacy, there all he can do is mantain what they already have in mid tabel mediocrity...or.... get fired if they don't finish mid table.

Better league position but not better potential at all.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Apparently he has been seen having lunch with Faulker over the last few days. Could just be the ol rumour mill turning of course

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here