Gus is worth £1.2 million? Now linked with Fulham job

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Tribalfootball has to be one of the most innacurate football websites ever.

If i believed half the bullshit that is on there i'd also believe Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Richie Valance, Kurt Cobain & Michael Jackson are all living on an island together planning their combined comeback album.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tribalfootball has to be one of the most innacurate football websites ever.

If i believed half the bullshit that is on there i'd also believe Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Richie Valance, Kurt Cobain & Michael Jackson are all living on an island together planning their combined comeback album.
All they do is reuse stories from anywhere else, so you can't really say the website is accurate or not.

Mar 10, 2006
Short story in today's Mirror. They won't go for him especially as they are in europe. They will want someone with experience of being able to juggle premiership football along with an ardous journey through the europa league

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
I probably shouldn't have mentioned the Fulham link in the title, I was more interested in the value of the buyout clause, as that's a pretty good amount (if true) for a manager who had only six months experience when he signed the contract.

The article does say he is only linked, which is to be expected, but at the end of the day they will more than likely plump for a Jol (who they wanted last time round) or O'Neil type, who will have a bit more experience than our Gus.

I personally can't see Gus being offered an out of this world position for at least two seasons, but that's not to say teams like Fulham won't start sounding him out if he does well with us this coming season.

I did have a PS at the end of my original post saying something along the lines of "yes it's another Gus linked to a vacancy thread, blah blah blah" but I sounded a bit like HB&B (IE a bit of a dick - No offense like!) so I deleted it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Then there's compensation for Tanno which i'm sure if Gus went he would take him also.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There are so many factors to keeping Gus here-for now-but any club in the EPL is a "step up" compared to Brighton-if he goes i for one would have Coppell back in an instant.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Very good manager is Gus, probs the Best young manager about maybe except for Ferguson, but i cant see him going. My money is on O'Neil for the Fulham job, though anyone would be nuts to take it with Al Fayed in charge

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
There are so many factors to keeping Gus here-for now-but any club in the EPL is a "step up" compared to Brighton-if he goes i for one would have Coppell back in an instant.

Didn't he turn down the Palace job in the summer? If he turned them down, he won't come out of retirement for us.

I'm quite worried by this. If Fulham REALLY wanted Gus, he'd be off in a heartbeat. By special club, I really don't think Gus only meant Chelsea. Fulham finished 8th in the most competitive League in the world. He'd jump at the chance to manage them.

To the person who said that we "could be swapping places next season" you're absolutely mental.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Poyet- Factors
Young
Has a point to prove
Obviously the single most important person at the club( i would imagine) in Blooms eyes
Has a clean canvass here-no stepping into the unknown to "stop the rot/turn around"
new stadium/new academy on the way
a healthy budget
nice part of the world to work in
great transport links
adored & loved by many
is not short of money(i would imagine)

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
Poyet- Factors
Young
Has a point to prove
Obviously the single most important person at the club( i would imagine) in Blooms eyes
Has a clean canvass here-no stepping into the unknown to "stop the rot/turn around"
new stadium/new academy on the way
a healthy budget
nice part of the world to work in
great transport links
adored & loved by many
is not short of money(i would imagine)

That's all true, but...

1. Fulham have most of that and better
2. Academies take a LONG time to start up, and we'll be competing with some very established ones
2. They're a massive club at this moment in time
3. They could offer Gus much more money

If Fulham really were trying to get him to leave, he'd go. I don't think they'll take the chance though, he's not a Premiership manager yet.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Didn't he turn down the Palace job in the summer? If he turned them down, he won't come out of retirement for us.

I'm quite worried by this. If Fulham REALLY wanted Gus, he'd be off in a heartbeat. By special club, I really don't think Gus only meant Chelsea. Fulham finished 8th in the most competitive League in the world. He'd jump at the chance to manage them.

To the person who said that we "could be swapping places next season" you're absolutely mental.

Perhaps but he's had time to rest and he could do a job-still not that it's down to me but if it was,well i would persuade him to have a part time number down here for a while.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I probably shouldn't have mentioned the Fulham link in the title, I was more interested in the value of the buyout clause, as that's a pretty good amount (if true) for a manager who had only six months experience when he signed the contract.

The article does say he is only linked, which is to be expected, but at the end of the day they will more than likely plump for a Jol (who they wanted last time round) or O'Neil type, who will have a bit more experience than our Gus.

I personally can't see Gus being offered an out of this world position for at least two seasons, but that's not to say teams like Fulham won't start sounding him out if he does well with us this coming season.

I did have a PS at the end of my original post saying something along the lines of "yes it's another Gus linked to a vacancy thread, blah blah blah" but I sounded a bit like HB&B (IE a bit of a dick - No offense like!) so I deleted it.

Omar-10 mins staring at you avatar has helped me with the reverse Seagull-it's going to take time but this is a small step to helping me get to grips with the reverse Seagull.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's all true, but...

1. Fulham have most of that and better
2. Academies take a LONG time to start up, and we'll be competing with some very established ones
2. They're a massive club at this moment in time
3. They could offer Gus much more money

If Fulham really were trying to get him to leave, he'd go. I don't think they'll take the chance though, he's not a Premiership manager yet.

Pressure comes into play as well-Bloom's relationship with Poyet could be spot on-would Poyet get this elsewhere? i don't see him going anywhere this season i hope.

Poyet is focused, with Tarrico, on continuing a job, with a squad he's taken time in building and training.
His reward for recent achievements, the fruits of his labour - is a new stadium in The Championship to lead his team out.
He's been continuing - after watching players for several months and getting ready to import them - to put the pieces together for a new challenge.
I he going to walk from that to be chance his arm elsewhere? Start from scratch again with new players to work on and with?

Maybe he can keep the same home, not have to uproot too much like murray - but while he's happy here and must be well integrated with the club (probably has some say in the pitch shape and size too!) it can't be simple to step straight into a well-worn dressing room and work with new faces. The risk might have been easier to take, if we were still struggling at Withdean.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He'd jump at the chance to manage them.

Why?

Wherever Mark Hughes goes he would chase and probably get the better players from Fulham ifhe needed them and as Fayed doesnt like spending money the replacements wouldnt be very good so relegation looks on the cards. There is not a cat in hells chance that Gus would go after the Fulham job as it is a poison chalice with Fayed and no gaurantees that it would enhance his reputation.
If I was you I should go back to praising Palace and leave the sensible comments to those with some knowledge of the game.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why?

Wherever Mark Hughes goes he would chase and probably get the better players from Fulham ifhe needed them and as Fayed doesnt like spending money the replacements wouldnt be very good so relegation looks on the cards. There is not a cat in hells chance that Gus would go after the Fulham job as it is a poison chalice with Fayed and no gaurantees that it would enhance his reputation.
If I was you I should go back to praising Palace and leave the sensible comments to those with some knowledge of the game.

Who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports