Gus - IF you don't want to be with us we don't want you.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Did anyone see that headless chicken pulling a bandwagon?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hey ho but Gus has been pimping himself for a " top job " since he got here to be fair.

Agree with everything you have said. But I can't have Reading as a top job. Not in the context Gus has always talked about....If Poyet walks now, to Reading then something major has gone on behind the scenes....I really really hope he doesn't go atm, because if he does and we don't make the play offs, this board will forever be full of what he would have achieved if he had stayed. Not that he walked away and left everyone in the shite with eight games left. IF he goes, I really hope Reading go down and we wave at them, as we pass them on the way up via the play offs. Even if that happened people would still credit Poyet for it, even though we are currently 7th.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Can you two get a room

Only if you pay.
You seem to think your view is the only one that counts. When you get older you will see to create a debate you need two different views.
By the way Talksport have just reported again Brighton have given Gus permission to talk to Reading.
Instead of blablablaring phone them up and complain.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
if everyone could shut the ***** up about Gus going to
reading - it woud be good.

Oh - right - and I'll shut up too.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gus - IF you don't want to be with us we don't want you.

Close the door behind you and turn the lights out.

Thanks.

:bigwave:

Don't presume to talk for all of us, thanks. Whilst being fully aware of the fact that BHAFC is not the pinnacle of Gus' career ambition, I'm still delighted with the work he's done and very much 'want him here' thanks.

You're welcome to your opinions, but don't present them as universal. Cheers

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Gus hasnt said he doesnt want to be here, he has only been approaches by Reading.

That said, ive heard from my source (as posted in the other topic) that Gus has already told Reading that he isnt interested. That wont stop Sky banging on about it though to get some bets put down on Skybet - notice how the BBC arent running with a story as there is no concrete proof anything is true......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Another one in the net
I don't mind if I've been fished in. Until the trouncing of Palace my signature said 'I am a fish'. It's very difficult on NSC to tell the fisherman, muppets and piss-takers apart. For this thread though, I think we're dealing with the middle category (and I like US, he's a very nice bloke, but he's daft as a brush).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think "a poo" was wrong and I'll accept a ban. It was more a collection of poos. It satisfied what I required, but to be fair, I misled people.

Ah right. Like an avalanche type thing. QuickTime and pain free..

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Gus likes to maintain his connections with other clubs, so I wouldn't put it past him to go along just for a chat, open up the lines of communication. Call it networking if you like.

Might be useful in the future if we need to swap/loan players - Reading will have to let go of a few when then get relegated.

He not so long ago said "I know everything that goes on in football", so I wouldn't put it past him to go along out of nosiness

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The fact that Gus has even spoken to Reading is nothing to do with them and everything to do with the Albion and the way it is run.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree with everything you have said. But I can't have Reading as a top job. Not in the context Gus has always talked about....If Poyet walks now, to Reading then something major has gone on behind the scenes....I really really hope he doesn't go atm, because if he does and we don't make the play offs, this board will forever be full of what he would have achieved if he had stayed. Not that he walked away and left everyone in the shite with eight games left. IF he goes, I really hope Reading go down and we wave at them, as we pass them on the way up via the play offs. Even if that happened people would still credit Poyet for it, even though we are currently 7th.

Can't disagree with any of this.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Reading are not a bigger club than us - and it is very likely that they will be the Championship next year. Just can't see it happening, unless they are willing to offer him silly money.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Gus has done a pretty good job. He has had more resources at his disposal then any BHAFC manager in its history including 2 seasons in a stadium of dreams to other managers. Could other managers have done as well with such support ? Quite possibly. I am more than happy for Gus to stay and lead us to the premiership but if he even so much as talks to Reading he will be tainted imo. Chelsea, ok, Reading, er no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports