Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wow. Is that true? I have more respect for Pascal by the day.

Around 80 minutes a game stat came up on the screen and he was 1st in about 5 disciplines one of which was distance covered at c11km

It was also interesting to see our team pass count down c300 vs spurs 500 but with 3 points in the bag. Conclusion there’s a time and place for pissing about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
About 6 months ago I thought he’d run his course with us, I didn’t think he was quick enough (nobody can argue that) or mobile enough to suit our fluid attacking movement. How wrong was I. It’s always nice to see a fan favourite make a bit of a comeback but the Wiedergeburt of Pascal Groß is nothing short of incredible, watching him out there Cruyff turning defenders inside out and putting chances on a silver platter makes me feel a bit fuzzy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Around 80 minutes a game stat came up on the screen and he was 1st in about 5 disciplines one of which was distance covered at c11km

It was also interesting to see our team pass count down c300 vs spurs 500 but with 3 points in the bag. Conclusion there’s a time and place for pissing about!

Indeed. And he was still the one busting a gut to give Mac Allister an overlap option in the move that should have seen Connolly put the game to bed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
About 6 months ago I thought he’d run his course with us, I didn’t think he was quick enough (nobody can argue that) or mobile enough to suit our fluid attacking movement. How wrong was I. It’s always nice to see a fan favourite make a bit of a comeback but the Wiedergeburt of Pascal Groß is nothing short of incredible, watching him out there Cruyff turning defenders inside out and putting chances on a silver platter makes me feel a bit fuzzy.

I continue to completely take Pascal Gross for granted. Every time I see him in the team-sheet. Maybe one day I'll learn.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I think PG impact has been because Lamptey has been missing. Lamptey will fill the spaces that Gross normally loves to find and Veltman compliments this perfectly. Consequently we are seeing Gross collecting the ball in wider areas, which in turn creates space for Ali Mac in the middle. I think its real dilemma that GP will have when Lamptey is fit again. Interestingly, I think Gross has always been fit - stamina-wise. His running style and lack of raw pace makes him look tired and of course if exposed he struggles to keep up with players running with the ball, but his movement, vision, quick-thinking etc buys him time on the ball. Love watching him play..

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Thought he looked much fitter and managed to remain creative for 90 minutes. Great to see.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
For me this thread perfectly illustrates how blind some of our fans base are. Gross has been one of only two, consistent stand out performers in our team for the last 3 years. (Dunk being the other) Yes he has had a couple of minor dips in form, but never more than a couple of games. Yet some of the comments on here would have you believe that all of a sudden he has become this marauding playmaker. He has always been & will continue to be a key player for us.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Gross is such a technically skilled player. The turns, runs, passes, dead ball delivery, all excellent.

Done with a German workman like attitude.

Doesn't seem to have the 'flair' of Biss, but gets the job done. Was a pleasure to watch tonight.

Don’t forget his penalties too. Much prefer his taking them rather than Maupay......!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Pascal isn't quick, but he never stops running. He has stamina forever and he's on the same wavelength with Trossard and Mac Allister especially, but he dovetails nicely with Bissouma as well. We should keep this team together now, stop the rotating and leave this team nice and settled. Lamptey for Veltman when fit, but otherwise - who else really gets himself into the team if it performs like last night?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It would be sad to Davy Pröpper go, but surely we can see that his umlaut stays behind, as a memorial to a faithful servant of the club, over the 'o' in Groß.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
20th Premier League assist.

Now 4th in the meaningless 'Most Assists by a German, in Premier League history' table.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He's so GERMAN. Never lets you down, rarely less than 7/10 rating. One of our best signings, value wise.

I wasn't a massive fan of his originally, but happy to admit that I made a mistake.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I’m a big Pascal fan, blows my mind that a vocal minority on here have a pop at him. He’s been and continues to
be a fantastic player for us. Love him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m a big Pascal fan, blows my mind that a vocal minority on here have a pop at him. He’s been and continues to
be a fantastic player for us. Love him.

Spot on, played well other than a poor finish and cross in the space of 5 minutes. However, the level of abuse on the NSC match day thread was embarrassing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here