Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
9 thumbs ups and a Mod's warning (hang your head in shame, Goldstone1976) for pointing out in a humurous manner that "could of" and "should of" are not part of the English language.

I liked your mug, but you could of posted it on most threads. Their is plenty of opportunities.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I liked your mug, but you could of posted it on most threads. Their is plenty of opportunities.

Your gonna get in trouble when people see what you said about they're typing, and the use of commas as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It’s actually one of the reasons I don’t use Facebook etc and never will - I’d have to bite my tongue too much. Another I notice is ‘his’ instead of ‘he’s’ - just whyyyyyy!!!!?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It’s actually one of the reasons I don’t use Facebook etc and never will - I’d have to bite my tongue too much. Another I notice is ‘his’ instead of ‘he’s’ - just whyyyyyy!!!!?

A combination of learning via phonetics I suspect and textspeak laziness?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It worries me that some (hopefully just a vocal minority) cannot see the importance of Gross. Key member of Hughton’s team and Potter trusts him to play multiple roles. He has been an absolutely brilliant signing and we are very lucky to have Pascal

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In general, I think in any given team in EPL, there are at least 5 guys that can take a decent corner and I don't think Gross's corners are any more special than the next guys. Just my opinion.

Wow. That’s a special level of wrong.

Groß’ delivery is superb. One of the very best in the PL.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Wow. That’s a special level of wrong.

Groß’ delivery is superb. One of the very best in the PL.

I am not saying he is bad, I just don't thing he is any better than others that take corners in EPL. How many times does Gross's corner not clear the first man!!! Why did we take short corners for 10 weeks in a row? Exactly what metrics are you using to declare his deliveries superb? Just curious because I don't want to be a special level of wrong!!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I am not saying he is bad, I just don't thing he is any better than others that take corners in EPL. How many times does Gross's corner not clear the first man!!! Why did we take short corners for 10 weeks in a row? Exactly what metrics are you using to declare his deliveries superb? Just curious because I don't want to be a special level of wrong!!!

What metrics are you using to claim short corners for 10 weeks in a row and imply that so many corners hit the first man? Share please

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Oh, I don't believe Gross was brought in to take free kicks and corners. The only thing I have to support my argument is that for like 10 weeks in a row, we went with short corners. In general, I think in any given team in EPL, there are at least 5 guys that can take a decent corner and I don't think Gross's corners are any more special than the next guys. Just my opinion. But I think he contributes in a lot of other ways especially defensively that are underappreciated by fans.

After an entire lifetime of watching Brighton being absolutely USELESS at corners, I simply cannot agree that his corners are the same as any others. For literally years our corners were actually pointless. Not bad, pointless. I'd rather have had a throw in and most of the time we may have just rolled the ball to their keeper for a swift counter attack. I'd go as far as to say that our complete inaptitude at attacking corners was in the top 2 things that annoyed me about watching the Albion.

The argument that penalty takers are guaranteed goals is also a fallacy, it's the difference between a superb penalty taker (Fernandes) and a rubbish one (Brighton players). I always find it strange that people underrate the elements that actually produce results (goals and assists).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
After an entire lifetime of watching Brighton being absolutely USELESS at corners, I simply cannot agree that his corners are the same as any others. For literally years our corners were actually pointless. Not bad, pointless. I'd rather have had a throw in and most of the time we may have just rolled the ball to their keeper for a swift counter attack. I'd go as far as to say that our complete inaptitude at attacking corners was in the top 2 things that annoyed me about watching the Albion.

The argument that penalty takers are guaranteed goals is also a fallacy, it's the difference between a superb penalty taker (Fernandes) and a rubbish one (Brighton players). I always find it strange that people underrate the elements that actually produce results (goals and assists).

Agreed, however you could have substituted Fernandes for Hemed in this analogy ;-)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He always surprises how he ghosts into great positions in the box, again on Sunday. Shame he couldn’t finish.

I'm critical of certain aspects of his game, and thought he had a horrible 10 minutes at the end of that first half. But you're so right about his 'ghosting', it's one of his great attributes -- and he has several of these, including vision, sublime delivery, and work rate. In terms of his finish, why didn't he lift it, like Trossard did? That is something that several of our shots on goal this season would have benefited from.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

This. Our set pieces are literally abysmal - the worst i can remember in years, we have to go back to the days of Micky Adams first spell with Watson whipping them in when we actually looked half decent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here